Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody

And first off may I congratulate you all on your impeccable taste in automobiles :mrgreen:

I'm based in sunny Cyprus and was planning to put in an order in the very near future but was given a 5-6 month guesstimate from my dealer as to when I should expect delivery.
Was wondering what sort of build dates you were all getting for the new Ingenium 2.0 TD4 ?

If anyone's put in an order recently would love to know what info you were given....

Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just placed one today (UK), told to expect it around mid October, i did get the impression that the sales chap wasn't 100% sure and he was trying to manage my expectations.

From reading on the forums it seems that the factories are still in the process of tooling up for the new engine so i don't think anyone can give an exact date.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Nino, thanks for the reply. Nice to hear that it wasn't just my dealer being evasive with giving a more concrete date.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi Lucky,

my base is Cyprus as well. The dealer clearly stated that the first 15 orders will arrive in September, and every other 15 orders will be delayed by 1 month. The problem with the LR dealer in Cyprus, is the fact that they don't have yet the pricelist for neither the DS nor the Evoque, so you cannot negotiate specs and price (we are planning to order one of each, hence I stated the Evoque as well :D)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ano,

Thanks for the info. When I saw the dealer a few days ago he told me that he'd already taken 50 orders for the Disco so if his allocation is 15 a month we better hurry if we want to see it by the end of the year!! He might have been bullshitting though, who knows......
Hopefully you'll get a good price since you're ordering 2, or better still let's put our order in together and maybe we can get 3 for the price of 2 :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello Guys, also from Cyprus and have managed so far to get a EUR€2,500 discount on an HSE Auto TD4 2.0 with a 10% down payment and if order is placed within May my delivery will be in October. I also heard the story of 15 per month and if I wait till I test drive the new engine I might lose the 2015 window for delivery. But still no prices announced and he commited to put it in writing that if the HSE with the new engine is cheaper, then my existing discount will increase.
Are the above figures the same with what you have been told? My dealer is Limassol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thois,

you are correct about everything, but mind you, if the price goes up, you will be responsible for the difference. That being said, if your reference price is for the 2.2 TD4 Auto (150bhp), you may have to pay an additional 3000 euros because the new engined auto will only be available on the 180bhp model.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes ano I know this. I am on the 180bhp but i would really like to test drive Ingenium before ordering. have you seen scotia color finally? how is it? in limassol i drovevthe corris grey

G

·
Another from Cyprus....I couldn't wait for the new engine but managed to get a 2.2 TD4 150 SE in red with a black roof.

It's a great car so you will be well pleased. It's a shame that the service plan isn't available in Cyprus....unless you know different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On Saturday 9 May 15 I ordered a 150hp HSE spec in the UK. Dealer on Monday reported back a build in September, deliver in September.

·
Registered
46 Posts
thois said:
Yes ano I know this. I am on the 180bhp but i would really like to test drive Ingenium before ordering. have you seen scotia color finally? how is it? in limassol i drovevthe corris grey
Nah I haven't, but most probably I will order Corris Gray with Santorini contrast roof and 20" alloys. I am waiting to see the price on HSE black, and if it is a better value against HSE contrast roof, privacy glass, 20" alloys, then HSE black will be.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great to see so many on here from Cyprus, looking forward to exchanging insights if we all end up being owners!
Thois, thanks for the information, good to know dealer was willing to knock €2500 off the price of the HSE Auto ( which is the model I'm interested in ), I'll see if he's willing to play ball with me...
Ano, I'm sure he said pre-orders to me ( which shocked me ) and "interests" sounds far more logical at this stage.
Good to know that October is still feasible.
Funkster you seem pretty unique ( Firenze with Black roof ) I'll look out for you on the roads around here, if some bloke honks his horn at you for no reason then it's probably just me :D

Thanks for all the replies guys. Every bit of information helps when placing an order, I'll give an update sometime this week hopefully if I can get a deal done.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Guys I am from Malta.

Seems that Malta and Cyprus have the exact car specification, being both RHD.

Dealer in Malta has no info yet on new ingenium engines. I am waiting for this info before ordering since right now they are telling me that the 2WD 150hp engine model will be the same price as the current 2.2 150 4wd which is not credible.

Also would really like to see the new style 518 18inch wheels ( which are standard on the new engines) on the car at least in the form of a picture. :D

I will follow this thread since all that applies to you directly applies to me too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the new 2.0 engines will be available in 2WD with 119g/km and in 4WD with 129g/km. The UK site has updated its brochure with the 4WD only for now whilst the international page (which applies for Cyprus and Malta) landrover.com has the 2WD for now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you Krisbi, this is good info. I will have more news next week from my dealer regarding prices.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes me too. just to let you know in Malta the S starts at Eur34,900 and the SE 40,900.

My best quote was the SE with 2.2 4wd 150hp engine including metallic colour, partial leather seats, centre arm rest and front fog lamps for Eur40,250
How does it compare with yours?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Sounds like a good price. Production of the 2.0 diesel ingenium MY2016 starts on the 13th of July with first deliveries early August

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
krisbi said:
Yes me too. just to let you know in Malta the S starts at Eur34,900 and the SE 40,900.

My best quote was the SE with 2.2 4wd 150hp engine including metallic colour, partial leather seats, centre arm rest and front fog lamps for Eur40,250
How does it compare with yours?
Is that for Auto or Manual? Let me know and I'll tell you the Cyprus dealer's list price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.