Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed today that when the boot is closed the left hand side goes in next to the body panel and the right side sticks out a bit as if it's twisted a bit. Will have to take it in as it looks wrong. Anybody else had this problem. Also someone scratched the front wing as well last week, has anyone had experiences with these mobile repairers like chipsaway. Not a good week

·
Registered
796 Posts
My tailgate came loose and did exactly the same thing to the point it would not close ... I pushed it back and re tightened the hinge bolt then let the dealer do the fine adjustment ... bad design as the hinge only has one bolt and flexes easily

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mine does not sit flush at both ends either, the petrol filler cap also does not lie right and need resetting. I will get the important ( to me )bits fixed first before I get that done.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The courtesy car I had last week was that bad that it would not self close every time.
I showed it the dealer when I took it back and he had a quick look and summized one of the struts was not working correctly and had about 10mm free movement in it( he pushed the tailgate up and you could see the bad one extended out.
This had the effect when shut, of leaving the good strut side sticking out.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The tailgate seems very weak and bendy, no real strength, I guess this is what we get with saving weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.