Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September delivery eagerly awaited...can anyone advise me if the boot load space roller cover stows in the vehicle? Am thinking of the time when on school run and seven seats are ad hoc used and where do I put the long roller cover barrel?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mines in the shed, best place for it, it does nothing but rattle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
like J77, mines in the shed there's no storage in car for the cover.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No, it's a bit of a nuisance. I liked the BMW estate idea for when seats were down that you could attach it to the seats that were down and extend the dog guard etc, or just to stow it. Hyundai santefe has storage for the load space cover where our sparewheel tool kits etc go. I have found space to put it when I have had seats down, but if you think you'll need to use 7 seats, take it out and leave at home.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mines in the cellar

Wouldn't it have been really good if JLR do what BMW/Merc/Audi have been doing and have a pull up dog guard/load net as part of the as described by rtdf.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
JLR can do it, the D3 cover clipped onto the back of the second row when folded.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Cross bars on your roof rails.
Length of 5" grey pipe like plumbers use to carry copper pipe.

No, of course I don't! :)

No idea. With my D2 you could stow it along the left side of the car after left-side passengers were in, but it wasn't ideal. If you were expecting to need it out, remove it at the start of the journey.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's not ideal if you have it in the car and then find you need to use the 3rd row seats unplanned, like taking folks home from the pub or lifts for friends that kids spring on you at the last minute. An oversight which could no doubt have been overcome with a bit of thought.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Beast said:
Keep the cover in the car and the kids in the shed is my advice
I like where you're coming from. But the shed is full of bits of Defender, and gardening stuff. So I'm going to keep the load cover in the car, and the kids... well, ever heard of Durex?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Beast said:
Love it, made me laugh so much. A man after my own heart :lol:

G

·
ccomley said:
Beast said:
I like where you're coming from. But the shed is full of bits of Defender, and gardening stuff. So I'm going to keep the load cover in the car, and the kids... well, ever heard of Durex?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.