53 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
ozsport said:
That's a collection of two different vehicles pictures... The exterior shots are of a RRS, the interior are a DS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
adam.d.lloyd said:
ozsport said:
That's a collection of two different vehicles pictures... The exterior shots are of a RRS, the interior are a DS.
That's what I thought at first Adam; but a quick cross-ref to the website and autotrader and it's beyond any doubt a DS. Wearing a RR badge.

A nice try, but if I put on a Spurs shirt it doesn't make me Gary Mabbutt.

To add to the intrigue, I can't find another reference to the 'Autobiography' bodykit anywhere...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow. despite the RR badge change (weird), it is nicely done. however, I would've painted a few things differently. I gotta say I love the black pillars though. I guess that is what they called the autobiography kit other than the wheels. I'm going to search for them. if you come across them, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Looks naff with Range Rover badges IMHO, also caliper are not Brembo but std Conti ones, which to me means the rest of the car is a con. ie pretending to be something it is not.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I had seen this car on autotrader myself. In sum it is a bog standard HSE with a trip to the paint shop to spray all the plastic arches and door trims white and the c pillar, grille and fender trim black and then a nice big set of alloys.

IMHO the alloys are nice and the black c pillar sort of works, but the white sprayed door trim, bumper bottoms and wheel arches back the car look like it has a very fat a****. So essentially you are paying 6K for 22" wheels and about £500 worth of paint work. One born every minute i suppose...

·
Registered
95 Posts
To me it looks completely rediculous with the ride height not lowered. Especially with those 22" wheels (picture 5) on.

What's that awful RR tuning company called again? The ones that stick Svarowskis on and do carbon fibre covers on wiper arms etc. It looks a bit like that.

Martin

Edit: just remebered: Startech :D for your understatement needs...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.