Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today that when playing from the IPhone via Bluetooth the music 2 or 3 times per song would stop for a fraction of a second before restarting as if it was buffering, the same phone plays fine over Bluetooth in the Leon

Anybody had anything similar?

·
Registered
677 Posts
No, plays fine on mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
More bizarrely mine does it on DAB radio: gets halfway through a sentence and then suddenly through a sentence and then suddenly repeats itself. Obviously a buffer to avoid squelches and drop-outs - think I might just prefer the might just prefer the slight interruptions. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
No problem on mine with iphone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
andrewe said:
More bizarrely mine does it on DAB radio: gets halfway through a sentence and then suddenly through a sentence and then suddenly repeats itself. Obviously a buffer to avoid squelches and drop-outs - think I might just prefer the might just prefer the slight interruptions. :)
Found that a couple of times but I assumed that was when changing from one transmission to another, as this happened when going over a slight hill etc. Have not (yet) found any issue with bluetooth transmission from iPhone to the DS system.

·
Registered
32 Posts
TugPilot said:
Found that a couple of times but I assumed that was when changing from one transmission to another, as this happened when going over a slight hill etc.
Ah yes, could ah say could ah say could be that... ;-)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Found that my Bluetooth stutters on an iPhone4 from time to time, but half think it may be the phone as not always that responsive, ie since iOS 7. Need to try on another just to see.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both my Iphones are 4's running OS 7.2.1

I am going to try the Ipad the weekend as that running OS 8

·
Registered
166 Posts
May not be the iOS version, just the limits of the phone? I know several folk complained about performance of the iPhone 4 when iOS 7 came out, whereas the 4s seemed ok.. There were some sites that suggested some setting changes to help improve performance but I've updated against since then so probably had those reset.. I'll have another look because everything is sluggish on the phone.. Maybe there goes my idea of using it as an 'iTouch' if I changed my phone.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both my phone still work quite happily with the VW streaming system on the Leon ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I realised that with iOS7 there is the ability for background refresh of apps, so yesterday I was running Glympse and a few other apps so that could all have affected the phone as it tries to update location data etc.. I've just gone through a load of things from something I found on the web and my phone does seem more usable now - so, may not be that but I'll go and try it later.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It does not seem to effect phone operation, that works ok through Bluetooth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts