Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello DS owners,

I noticed that Bluetooth audio is sometimes not available in the Sources, even though phone functions via bluetooth continue functioning.
The only way to restores Bluetooth audio option (that I have come across) is to reboot the iPhone. I tried switching off/on bluetooth on iphone, re-pairing with DS with no results.

Today, I have narrowed down the problem to connecting iPhone via cable to the multimedia USB port.

So I stream audio via bluetooth, have sources screen active (to monitor) and as soon as I connect iPhone to charge via media USB - Bluetooth audio source immediately disappears and I am back to XM radio (previous source fallback?) and iPod source appears. If I disconnect iPhone from the cable - iPod source disappears, but Bluetooth audio does NOT appear.

Does anyone else experience the same problem with your DS? Can you check to confirm you are impacted or not? Thank you

·
Registered
796 Posts
The usb is overriding the bluetooth for audio .... you can't have both ... If you want to charge the phone use one of the other usb ports or 12v with a charger ... The audio usb doesn't charge very quickly anyway

·
Registered
329 Posts
Covered in the handbook, from memory

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.
I have switched to non media USB to workaround this issue.
And I would understand and accept the fact that both bluetooth and ipod cannot be at the same time, BUT, only if bluetooth is back after disconnecting ipod.
Only it doesn't!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. What happens to bluetooth when you disconnect an iPhone from cable? Does it re-appear in the sources?
There is no such message on the non Meridian system. I am sure they tried to match functional behavior, so knowing how Meridians behave would set an expectation bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.