Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recovered twice as car lost all power on a Smart 馃檮 motorway.

17 plate 67k and turbo trashed. I have seen a few posts. Anyone else suffered this?

i have never owned such a crap car. Had so many problems.
Also found a transmission leak. This was suposedly replaced 7k miles ago 馃ぃ.
So glad I took the extended warranty.

here is the blurb

Checked for non start. COnfirmed fault. Found that when opening the oil filler cap there is excessive exhaust gasses coming through filler. Removed DPF and tried to start but found to still be the same. Disconnected CAT from turbo and re tried. Found to still be the same. Removed low pressure EGR and found turbo to have failed. Found nut to have come off the impellor shaft and is missing, Exhaust

Oil level below min due to turbo failure. Would advise an oil and filter change to be carried out when turbo is replaced

Oil leaking from PTU seals

Total 5k
Pile of 馃挬

Registered
I also had a similar problems with the turbo.
This was at my second year of ownership at around 30-40k km.
All of a sudden a lack of power and acceleration. Would still drive but very slow at reaching speeds. Thankfully it was still under warranty and everything was replaced. Was not given much detail about it other than turbo failure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also had a similar problems with the turbo.
This was at my second year of ownership at around 30-40k km.
All of a sudden a lack of power and acceleration. Would still drive but very slow at reaching speeds. Thankfully it was still under warranty and everything was replaced. Was not given much detail about it other than turbo failure.
wow, that鈥檚 a low mileage. I was more annoyed that it took nearly two weeks to sort. But like you say, under warranty too so that was a massive reflief.

Registered

17 plate 67k and turbo trashed. I have seen a few posts. Anyone else suffered this?

here is the blurb

Checked for non start. COnfirmed fault. Found that when opening the oil filler cap there is excessive exhaust gasses coming through filler. Removed DPF and tried to start but found to still be the same. Disconnected CAT from turbo and re tried. Found to still be the same. Removed low pressure EGR and found turbo to have failed. Found nut to have come off the impellor shaft and is missing, Exhaust

Oil level below min due to turbo failure. Would advise an oil and filter change to be carried out when turbo is replaced

Total 5k
Pile of 馃挬

here is the blurb

Total 5k
Pile of 馃挬
My vehicle has just experienced the same (17 plate and 40,000 miles).

The vehicle just stopped with no warning at all. The garage found that a nut had come free and mangled the impeller, but more worrying they can鈥檛 find the nut anywhere in the system. They expected it to be in the inter cooler at worst, but not found anything.

Did you ever find out where the nut got to and / or what components did you need to replace in the end?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily the nut was found, if you have Land Rover extended warranty push for a new engine. They were willing to do that for me but the dealer said they would not.

5 months on and now need another oil change, even after new oil from Turbo change. These cars are mechanically ****

Registered
Luckily the nut was found, if you have Land Rover extended warranty push for a new engine. They were willing to do that for me but the dealer said they would not.

5 months on and now need another oil change, even after new oil from Turbo change. These cars are mechanically ****
Thanks - unfortunately I ended up being recovered to a local independent garage as the car conked out in the middle of a narrow country lane. The AA were going to be at least an hour and the police were highly annoyed I had no way of moving the vehicle (because of the ridiculous process required to put the car in neutral).

If it鈥檚 just a turbo replacement I鈥檓 happy with them doing the work, if for no other reason than to avoid the hassle of getting the vehicle moved again to the Land Rover dealer.

The car will have another 18 months warranty left after this, so hopefully that will provide enough opportunity to determine if the rogue nut is in the engine (I鈥檇 assume it would wreak havoc within this period if it鈥檚 going to?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts