Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have four quick bleeps while driving and no warning message on the dash ?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mine beeps whilst driving and seems to be if it detects you are going to hit a parked car especially if you are having to weave between cars on either side of the road ..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Do you have blind spot monitoring?
I drove a few Jags (press cars) that had this function and in narrow lanes fence and sign posts used to set it off

·
Registered
796 Posts
I don't have blind spot monitoring. .. just assumed it was the first stage of the autonomous braking .. I will experiment some more

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had these a few times in the same road as I drive home, but its not every time, but it is weaving between parked and moving cars.
I did have the other thing at night when in a narrow road a car was giving way to me, and I was driving straight towards it, the car beeped a lot and flashed something on the dash, but too quick for me to see it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nubmaster said:
I have had these a few times in the same road as I drive home, but its not every time, but it is weaving between parked and moving cars.
I did have the other thing at night when in a narrow road a car was giving way to me, and I was driving straight towards it, the car beeped a lot and flashed something on the dash, but too quick for me to see it.
Could be your Forward Alert? The manual says it sounds an audible tone along with a warning in Message Centre. It also says detection beam issues can occur moving around stationary vehicles, on corners, etc. Page 138-139 of the manual.

·
Registered
100 Posts
PaulTheWall said:
I don't have blind spot monitoring. .. just assumed it was the first stage of the autonomous braking .. I will experiment some more
Er...be careful out there! :shock:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I sometimes get that beep, no messages. First stage of autonomous braking is plausible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nubmaster said:
Does anyone have four quick bleeps while driving and no warning message on the dash ?
I noticed you posted "bleeps" not beeps. It may be your satellite radio's free trial or your subscription about to end. The notification for it sounds like "4 different quick bleep tones". It will stop doing this when your subscription runs completely out.

If that's not the case and it's a series of same toned "beeps" it may be your cross traffic alert warning.

·
Registered
80 Posts
philn said:
Not sure where Nubmaster is from but we don't have cross traffic alert warnings in the UK.
All this time I thought you guys had build choice of all the new innovative features available. Bureaucracy priorities, don't you just love it…..

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
HSE_LUX said:
philn said:
Not sure where Nubmaster is from but we don't have cross traffic alert warnings in the UK.
All this time I thought you guys had build choice of all the new innovative features available. Bureaucracy priorities, don't you just love it…..
Absolutely not Nubmaster, we couldn't order 5 seat versions therefore no full size spare wheel, no HUD, no all round cameras, no ACC, even now we cannot order 5 seat version in 180hp car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had the bleeps in the last couple of days. As with others no warning message. It has been pretty bad weather so thought if might be connected to that, blocked camera or fogged up lens

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Jpb_uk said:
I've had the bleeps in the last couple of days. As with others no warning message. It has been pretty bad weather so thought if might be connected to that, blocked camera or fogged up lens
Sure someone posted that when camera is inoperative you get a message AEB not working or something like that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jpb_uk said:
Your satellite radio's free trial/subscription is about to end. The notification for it sounds like "4 different quick bleep tones" (not beeps).
It will stop doing it when your subscription runs completely out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the beeps very frequent in my new Disco Urban Pack. Whenever I stop or moving it beeps twice even when I turn off the engine, it beeps twice. Is it related to software or anything else?

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Nubmaster said:
Unless you have ACC (adaptive cruise control) it isn't forward alert

FORWARD ALERT FUNCTION

WARNING
The Forward alert function may not react to slow moving vehicles.

WARNING
The Forward alert function uses the same radar sensor as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). The same performance limitations apply. See ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL OVERVIEW.
I've had this beeping and I'm sure it's the warning for AEB (auto emergency braking) when passing parked cars on narrow roads although this is not mentioned in handbook it is on LR website

https://live.landrover.co.uk/technology/guide/autonomous-emergency-braking-system

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.