Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We optioned the black pack but thought it looked odd to still have major pieces of plastic in grey. So these are now glossy black as per the rest of the black pack; some photos attached.

Note that our market does not include a bonnet airbag... Would be nice if the bonnet for the markets without the airbag didn't have the plastic segment. I've also seen it body coloured on another car... can't tell from far that it is plastic!

Cheers
O.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Grille Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts
You need the sport badge on the tailgate in black

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PaulTheWall said:
You need the sport badge on the tailgate in black
Yes, agreed! I did think of that but I was worried the shop wouldn't put the letters back in exactly the same place... And wasn't sure what to do with the 'hse' badge which has a silver surround and black letters. Would need to paint the inner letters a different colour. Or remove it all together.

Also the side steps should be a candidate (someone suggested plasticity for the non rubber portion). Where to end?! ;)

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think just the black sport badge would look really good on your DS

·
Registered
385 Posts
Oliie looks great now that they are all black. My DS is white and I hated those grey pieces. First thing I did was to get rid of them. How did you manage to change them? Paint or vinyl wrap? I agree with Paul you should get black sport badge. I also managed to change all 4 LR oval badges to black and body colored bumpers and sills. Looks clean IMO. You can see photos I posted in members gallery

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the RRS (SPORT HSE) badging that Paulthewall has, matches the DISCOVERY badging 98% from 3 feet. My last job is the front and rear lower scuttles and airbag cover, same for me in Canada (no pedestrian airbag).

Looks great with the 'full black pack' done, get the rear badges swapped via eBay <$20

·
Registered
163 Posts
Disco said:
... I also managed to change all 4 LR oval badges to black...
Disco, I've swapped/overlaid my front and rear ovals, where did you get the side ones in black/silver from?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have the black landrover badges for front and rear but decided not to fit them as I couldn't find the side badges or the steering wheel badge ... The Green is really dark so looks ok

·
Registered
385 Posts
Adam

I'm in U.S. So no bonnet airbag either. But why stupid grey cover???

Anyway I looked really hard and found the side bagels to be the same ones as the freelander side badges. An eBay seller from UK has them in black. Very Expensive though. Do a search on eBay for freelander supercharged rear quarter pillar badge, you'll find.

·
Registered
796 Posts
£95 for the set !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys, PaulTheWall, adam.d.lloyd,

So I bought the full set of the FL2 badges (front, rear, sides, steering wheel, alloy caps) from andibitz on eBay.
Devastated to find out that front and rear badges are bigger than on DS.
Did I get the wrong ones? Or does FL2 has bigger than RRS? Please share the links to the items you have ordered. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IronMan said:
Hey guys, PaulTheWall, adam.d.lloyd,

So I bought the full set of the FL2 badges (front, rear, sides, steering wheel, alloy caps) from andibitz on eBay.
Devastated to find out that front and rear badges are bigger than on DS.
Did I get the wrong ones? Or does FL2 has bigger than RRS? Please share the links to the items you have ordered. Thanks
Thanks for sharing this. I was about to order the same set!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here are the photos comparing LR2 badges next to DS badges.

Front. LR2 badge is slightly bigger, so would not fit
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Black

Rear. LR2 badge is also slightly bigger, but as there is no housing - it may work
Automotive tire Finger Motor vehicle Font Drink

Side. LR2 badge appears to be 1 to 1 with DS. Perfect match
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Drink Material property

Steering. LR2 badge appears to be 1 to 1 with DS. The finish/quality, however, does not match DS (hard to tell on the photo)
Guitar accessory Material property Font Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Alloy caps are the same as on DS black pack - the logo has green background, not black! Makes them worthless.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ironman, Sorry to hear he trouble you're having. I only purchased the side badges from Andy as the front and rear are smaller on DS than freelander. The front and rear on DS are the same sizes as RRS. They are everywhere on eBay you can find. Cheap. A tip for easy installation, I didn't swap out the holders, just over laid the existing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IronMan said:
Here are the photos comparing LR2 badges next to DS badges.

Front. LR2 badge is slightly bigger, so would not fit
View attachment 1300

Rear. LR2 badge is also slightly bigger, but as there is no housing - it may work
View attachment 1301

Side. LR2 badge appears to be 1 to 1 with DS. Perfect match
View attachment 1302

Steering. LR2 badge appears to be 1 to 1 with DS. The finish/quality, however, does not match DS (hard to tell on the photo)
View attachment 1303

Alloy caps are the same as on DS black pack - the logo has green background, not black! Makes them worthless.
Great pics, thanks for posting. The font is also incorrect on the side badges.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.