Discovery Sport Forum banner

Black badging

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Moose 
#1 ·
If possible can anyone who has received theirs give us a measurement on the front, back and side badges as the black pack still has green badges and i'm looking to source black 1's before mine comes? I assume they are a standard size but not sure and the replacements go by length and height.

This would be much appreciated....many thanks

#2 ·
I got my DS today and I was thinking the same as you, however I wouldn't bother getting the black LR badges because you don't even notice that they are green, the LR badges are very dark green and you have to look really close, at first I thought they were black.

#4 ·
I haven't received mine but I have seen it and personally i would prefers the black on black. It's a personal thing. Is this not what it looks like?

Would it be I for a measurement?

Attachments

#5 ·
I was wondering if you can get black ones via the dealer ?
Will ask mine on Monday as should be collecting this week.

#6 ·
Yes dealer can supply black ones. You could delete version on back yet sides and front are needed as placed in a little "dent"

#7 ·
Replay from Perry's dealership that I came across selling the genuine black Landrover badges online:

Sorry but there is only the original part number listed against all badges for this vehicle. We do not know which black and silver badges, (if any), match up to the sizes of the badges on your vehicle. All badges have different recesses on their reverse in order to secure to specific panels so we are not confident in directing you towards the correct replacements. Sorry about that.

Kind regards,
Lee

#8 ·
I used the Range Rover black supercharged badges on the D3 they fitted, I would imagine the badge sizes are all the same to keep the part numbers down, can some one with a DS measure the badges?

#9 ·
Is there any way to check a Land Rover part number ? CK52-001B40-U My dealer says his parts department said they do not make black and silver badges

Product Ruler Office ruler Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

#11 ·
Nubmaster said:
Is there any way to check a Land Rover part number ? CK52-001B40-U My dealer says his parts department said they do not make black and silver badges

View attachment 407
The dealers talking tosh, they do they are fitted to the supercharged RRS as std,
The packet the badge came from I still have as I put the green ones I removed into it. The part number is DAG 500160 the badge itself is 87mm long, I as fairly sure the D4 had a slightly longer or bigger badge than the D3, but there is a chap on the D3/4 forum who had black badges made to suit a D4 as part of a group buy, I could ask him for details if there is sufficient interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.