Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with the black pack changed their badges to black yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Didn't realise I would be able to change them. Can't wait until the end of May. Do they leave it to you to decide to change them or not?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You have to do it, I chaged them on the D3 using Range Rover Sport Supercharged badges

·
Registered
506 Posts
Confused! Are you saying that the DS comes with green LR badges? I was very surprised to see that all of my LR badges are black anyway. Mine is not a black pack.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Not got mine so I cannot check but all the press vehicles we used has green ones.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even with the black pack it comes with the standard green badges, not sure xtrail how yours are black but I wish mine were going to be.
They saved the black badges for the supercharged range rovers but u can replace them yourself with genuine Landrover parts.

Just seeing if anybody has done it yet....

Apparently they are the standard size on the front and back but not the side pillars.

This post from earlier shows the measurements:

http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=264&start=20

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just to prove the point! Are you all sure that yours are green ones?

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Most definitely black.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't mean to be a d1ck but they look green to me too, dark green mind but not black.

How they look against the black grill is my concern.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ha Ha, It gets more interesting. On my LED monitor (which I use online) I see your point, and yes they look very dark with a greenish wash to them. On my LCD monitor they look black, and in the flesh in close scrutiny in sunshine today, they looked black. I'll have yet another scrutineering session tomorrow. However, they do manage to appear black in normal light to me, so perhaps the contrast of the white intensifies the darkness of them, so we shall see.

In any case, if they turn out to be a very dark green, I won't be changing them as it would be a miniscule difference on my car. Especially as they already look black in my Devon light. I'll check again in the morning.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just checked again (no sun this time). All look black apart from the large one in the grill which I now concede is dark green.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I always thought the light was different in the South West, its either that or the Cider :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Moose
I always thought the light was different in the South West, its either that or the Cider :D
Almost right, though it's Doombar and Jail Ale for me, lol.

Seriously though, regardless of light conditions, all but the grill do appear black. Maybe that's because they are in the vertical plane. The grill badge is at about 30 degrees off the vertical, so will pick up and reflect more light. My wife says we're all sad. :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Off topic but the Doombar is not what is used to be, I heard the brewery had been taken over, perhaps it is that, but either way he beer is not as good.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Deehamps
xxtrail,

Mine are the same as yours, black all round except grille.
Thank you so much, I was beginning to doubt my sanity!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
533 Posts
JLR fit black badges to Fuji white vehicles? because green doesn't work according to the designers?

Any other Fuji white owners want to say wht colour their badges are.... I feel a poll coming on ;-)

B

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mines Yulong White and I have green badges, I feel some supercharge badges coming on. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do u get them off without making a mess of it tho?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts