Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A real bitter sweet couple of days....first the bitter.

Left the DS in Heathrow POD parking, parked very cautiously to avoid any dings from wayward doors with families inside. Infact, parked with the driver's side open to the access road so no-one would be parking next to me, and came back to a 10cm scratch on the driver's side rear door as below...

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Road surface

Took it to a trusted Dent and Scracth repairers local to me, and they said that it would be a full body shop job with at a minimum the rear and driver's door being sprayed into get a good colour match, and maybe the whole driver's side! Joy....most probably £500-£600.

Took it to my LR dealer, Guy Salmon Ascot, and their body shop guy is getting me a quote but unprompted came out with the same numbers....not fantastic.

Now the sweet....my DS is booked in for an extended stay with LR next week as I go on holiday and want some squeaks, rattles and any campaigns done...

One of their Master Technicians took me into one of the Sales DS that they had there with a very similar spec to mine, and low and behold what I witnessed...

Map Gps navigation device World Gadget Font

Gps navigation device Map Computer Gadget Font

So clearly there is a fix, and we should all be able to get this soon. The Tech could not tell me any details of the fix, but I suppose the good news is that it is imminent and I may have place names on my Sat Nav before I spear off from the UK to Sweden in my DS at the end of August!

Cheers,

b1ggles2

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
B*****ds!!!! I had a brand new Clio Sport 200 a few years back and some chav keyed it. Feel your pain.

Good news on the sat nav though, any speed camera locations on it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, so mine has a town areas checkbox.. It had a software update for something else but that's fried the reverse camera. Obviously different versions out there. Town areas doesn't give place names tho' on mine, other than Nottingham when I drove down south before the s/w update

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just checked - my sat nav now has town / village names, though not city names. Still, an improvement from previous.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Beast
How come that happened? Did you have a software update?
I had Q495 applied last week along with Q489. :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
B1ggles, sorry to hear about your pain. Same happened to me at Heathrow with a two day old car. I parked in a far corner where no one else would park, long walk to arrivals. On my return there was a Saab parked next to my new car with corresponding dink in my pristine door from the Saab's passenger door! Cheers, thanks for that!
On a happier note I can see my home town in your Sat Nav screens!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Feel your pain, mine has a ding in the tailgate.

·
Registered
353 Posts
xxtrail said:
Just checked - my sat nav now has town / village names, though not city names. Still, an improvement from previous.
Does it now show speed camera locations after the upgrade?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Beast
Are they updates? If so, do they apply to all models or just some?
Both were in the upper box 'outstanding' on Topix against my VIN, so you'd need to check on Topix. Service manager said that Q495 was a S/W update for infotainment screen. I now have Q500 showing for my Auto box - believed to be a S/W update too, but I'm in no hurry as my box is behaving.

Rickyk74
Does it now show speed camera locations after the upgrade?
No, I think we'll have to sort them out for ourselves.

·
Registered
329 Posts
xxtrail said:
Beast
How come that happened? Did you have a software update?
I had Q495 applied last week along with Q489. :D
Well at least you've now answered the question I put to my dealer service manager on 8 July, which he's still not been able to answer. I'll get it booked in as I'd like the town names as I drive to Italy.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Bastards. I hate carparks. They attract the worst sort of scum.

We can't be far away from being able to mount cameras on our cars that will watch for such stupids and record the reg numbers of nearby cars and so on. Nab a few people for leaving the scene of an accident and maybe they'd start to be more careful or at least fess up when they cause damage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.