Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any options for carrying a bike as yet apart from forking out for roof rails or a tow bar?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I used to carry mine inside the D3, not a chance with the DS, looking at options myself and I am struggling to find a reasonable option

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've had a tow bar on both my previous and current Freelander 2 just for carrying 1 or 2 mountain bikes for orienteering events. I moved the bar from one to the other but now with a DS on order, I will take off wheels and carry a bike inside (wife does not complete, only passes the time!). The price of towbar+electrics or the roof bars and bike holder are both exorbitant. I have voted with my wallet and said NO. Actually the back end looks better with the standard undertray as well

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's just when you add it all up it's damn expensive!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went the roof rails, cross bars and Thule proride route. Effective but cost about £750

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Perspective on the photo makes it look like you get that bike in the boot (even with the third row of seats up !)

G

·
I am having the same dilemma - roof bars look to be the only option as i don't want a towbar - at least until Thule come up with a foot pack! I hadn't seen what the DS looks like with the rails, so seeing yours in the pic helps. Looks neat. Did you fit them your self? if so how easy was it? If I do go for the rails, I will prob buy the Thule aero bars.

But it is expensive - Duckworth parts on the other DS Forum have 20% off this month but its still going to be around £380 just for the rails - then I need the ditch finishers as I don't have a Pano Roof - another £150!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rails are really discrete but look sharp. My local dealer cut me a deal at £450 fitted for the rails on a pano roof so went with them to save delivery and the massive hassle of fitting them. It's a great system tho with the aerobars and proride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.