Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has somebody already got some experience how to transport two bicycles in the DS?
I do not like external transport systems on the roof or at the rear.
In our BMW we just lay down the second seat row, remove the front wheels of our two 26´´Mountainbikes and put them into the trunk.
In the DS maybe we even do not have to remove the front wheels?
Any experience with it or maybe even with 28´´City/Trekkingbikes?
Hans

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have some experience with 26''. Basically 2 bikes fit if I remove the front wheel and move the back row seat forward. I *think* they'll fit with front wheels if I lay down the back row seats.
But the problem is not that but rather dirt and damage that bikes can do to the car interior. So now I am thinking about an external bike carrier attached to the back of the car...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi gene,
That sounds good. At least the trunk in the DS will be larger than my BMW now and that means we can live with it.
Yes the dirt is a problem when putting the bicycle inside of the car. But when you have an external carrier (e.g. from Thule) you have to handle this carrier when not in use and you have to lock the bicycles when the carrier is in use and you leave the car alone. That problems you don't have when putting the bicycles inside.
Hans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.