Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ordering a car be careful what you order. I have just been on the build your own area to see the new specs for the cars .

On the HSE Luxury there is a style pack 2 available for £1300, this consists of 20" style 511 wheels, contrast roof and privacy glass.

Separately the contrast roof is £500, privacy glass £350 and the 20" style 511 wheels are standard on the car.

It therefore costs you £450 more to order the pack than what you can get them separately for.

I'm sure there will be more contradictions in the build your own area and it will pay you to be careful when speccing your car.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Also, I don't know if it's changed, but they where charging you £300 for heated front and rear seats yet heated front seats are standard through out the range, so really £300 for heated rear seats.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heated and cooled front seats and heated rear seats still standard on Lux, was there previously a charge for heated rear seats on HSE?,

·
Registered
677 Posts
Heated rear seats optional on HSE (15MY), listed in the brochure as Heated front/rear seats £300. Rather than just be honest and say heated rear seats £300.

·
Registered
32 Posts
philn said:
When ordering a car be careful what you order. I have just been on the build your own area to see the new specs for the cars .

On the HSE Luxury there is a style pack 2 available for £1300, this consists of 20" style 511 wheels, contrast roof and privacy glass.

Separately the contrast roof is £500, privacy glass £350 and the 20" style 511 wheels are standard on the car.

It therefore costs you £450 more to order the pack than what you can get them separately for.

I'm sure there will be more contradictions in the build your own area and it will pay you to be careful when speccing your car.
chazman88 said:
20" style 511 aren't standard on the DS, standard is 19" style 521.

The 511s are an additional £900 by themselves.
Ignor me, didn't realise that the Lux came with the 20" 511 as standard.

Before the MY16 was this the case?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No they had the 19" 521 as standard, the odd thing on model 15 year was that to change the Lux wheels to the HSE wheels cost £1700 and to change the HSE wheels to Lux wheels cost £300, work that one out!!!!!.

I wrote to customer series complaining that the more expensive wheels should be on the more expensive model, they wrote back saying that it was what customers wanted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I ordered mine they tried to overcharge me by £500 for the black pack. The brochure price is £1500 But on their system they tried to charge £2000, which happens to be the price on the evoke. The dealer couldn't change the system price so gave a £500 dealer discount. They claimed I was the first to notice. So watch out!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They tried to charge me £100 for fitting mudflaps until I pointed out that the price shown on the website included vat and dealer fitting costs, as Tomt says you have to have your wits about you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.