Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
A few weeks ago there were various reports of problems with low batteries and the consequences.

Has anyone still hot problems or have those who had been able to get them sorted and if so what needed to be done.

I've not even got my DS yet but would be interested in learning if I can expect any similar problems.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a sudden low battery warning only 2 weeks in, in to dealers, they fully charged the battery (said it was low) no problems since. Now 10 weeks in and 3200 miles. All going well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine went down the day after picking it up i think ? then again the week after, tell tale sign both times for me was remote tailgate latched but failed to open up.

it's been fine since.

I left the lights on the other day, ALL DAY AND NIGHT ! so i feared the worst, surprisingly it fired straight up, prob due to LED being Low drain, more surprisingly was the fact that i left them in the ON position and they failed to extinguish, i thought this odd as my D3 would turn them off as does my wifes car if left in the ON position.
Obviously in AUTO it does this but i wanted them on in the rain and they were Auto On / off / on / off with the cloud, weather, tree cover !

I've also just found out that a quick tap on the STOP / START button works, as i was holding it in for about 5 secs.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mine went flat the first weekend I had it, since then and because I use the DS at weekends only I have chaged the battery up, i find I am loosing about 2 amps per 24hrs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.