1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm not sure it's a price drop, more like the introduction of an entry model.

Taking away the 2 rear seats would be I'd guess, an immediate saving of £1500 or so.

My ideal combo would have been 5 seats/180ps engine.

·
Registered
533 Posts

(A man in Wolverhampton, earlier today.)

Here is the official JLR press release:
http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/land-rover/news/2015/04/lr_ingeniumengine_discoverysport_270415/

Highlights:

The Discovery Sport's EU6 compliant Ingenium engine will be available with two power outputs - 150PS and 180PS - delivering fuel economy of up to 57.7mpg (4.9l/100km) and CO2 emissions from 129g/km. The powerful 180PS engine has a top speed of 117 mph (188 km/h) and can accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in just 8.9 seconds*

The vehicle also features a Head-Up Display, as well as an 8-inch touchscreen 'InControl Touch' infotainment system.

Extended service intervals on the new Ingenium engine, from 16,000 to 21,000 miles, lowers running costs over the vehicle's lifetime.

The Ingenium-powered Discovery Sport will also be designated an 'E-Capability' vehicle, with a blue 'Sport' badge highlighting the most efficient variant. E-Capability will apply to five-seat models fitted with either the 150PS or 180PS Ingenium engine, with 18-inch wheels and low rolling resistance tyres. Additionally, the final drive gearing and engine calibrations have been optimised to provide the lowest possible CO2 for the vehicle.

*180PS five seat automatic

Questions:
[1]"*180PS five seat automatic" Will the 5+2 vary slightly as its heavier?
[2]I wonder if the service pack will come down in price or have its duration/mileage extended?
[3]"The vehicle also features a Head-Up Display" Will this finally appear in the UK on MY2016?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
HSE black is the standard HSE with the black pack I guess, It must have been very popular to now have its own separate designation.

·
Registered
829 Posts
2 surprises in Ingenium MY2016 press release so far:

1. UK market still stuck with 7seater layout when 178bhp engine is offered
2. HSE Black offered yet forces combination of black wheels with privacy glass

Do you know if HSE Black is a better offer financially compared to ordering options last month?

BTW sometimes see 178bhp referred to as SD4

Performance of former 2.2 SD4 and new Ingenium seems to be the same yet fuel consumption dropped some 20% on EU cycle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just popped into my dealer. He had the prices from JLR in front of him. No difference in cost for the HSE specced with black pack and privacy glass over the new HSE Black model (Extra £1850.00).

He said that it will be much better to order the HSE Black rather than add those extras to a standard HSE because even though the actual cost is the same, the residuals will be better on the HSE Black as those elements (glass/roof/wheels) are part of the model and not treated as customer add-ons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.