Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum, took delivery of a HSE Auto early May, done 2300 miles already.
Anyone experiencing issues with the auto box?
Very hesitant to move off, slow to engage gear 1, harsh change into 2, then fine.
Seems like a software issue???

Bought from Stratstone Milton Keynes, been back, Master Tech came out for a drive with me and agreed that it did not feel right. Booked into worshop next week.

just wondered if anyone has any idea's or suggestions, to prepare myself to what the dealer will say next week.

Thanks

Fuji white HSE SD4 auto, 19" alloys, Smoke privacy all round, Ebony Interior

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Check the main discovery area, lengthy post on this. for your info always sets off in 2nd gear, 1st gear only engaged in terrain response settings, I believe in sand mode.

·
Registered
270 Posts
philn said:
Check the main discovery area, lengthy post on this. for your info always sets off in 2nd gear, 1st gear only engaged in terrain response settings, I believe in sand mode.
Or with flappy paddles :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like a software issue to me - get it checked by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The mapping is wrong, hopefully Pete will report this back and we may get a software update at some point, it should be one of the easier fixes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quicker step off when not in eco mode imo, as eco softens the throttle mapping lots

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, the car was in with the dealer for 72 hours, 200 miles of testing, various software updates, calibrations etc......feels a bit better, but not hugely different. I must say that Stratstone MK have been great, but it still leaves me a little disappointed in the car, not sure what to do, do I live with it or get rid of it????!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is exactly my point, I have now done 2800 miles, the car I sold in order to buy the DS was a Merc C Class with a 7G Tronic box, a million times better!
Shame, I am starting to regret buying the DS now,

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had a Merc with the 7G box and to my mind it wasn't better. It was slightly more assured to pick up from rest compared to the DS in ECO but no different with ECO off, and the DS box changes much quicker at the very slight expense of smoothness. Merc box a million times better? Even if you think it is better I'd say you're exaggerating (a million is a big number, unless you're an astrophysicist or something). I'm also comparing like for like, which you're not because my Merc was 4matic like the DS whereas the installation in the C-class is 2 wheel drive only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, you are right, a 'million' is an exaggeration! I'm not an astrophysicist either! What I do know, is that I've driven hundreds if not thousands of cars in the 21 years that I've been in the motor trade, and for a £40k 'Premium' product, it doesn't feel so.

Should have gone with my 'gut' and not gone for this brand, thought that the infamous Land Rover past was indeed in the past, not so. It's what the wife wanted! Never mind, will get something better in 3 years when it's up on the PCP.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My DS also has the 2nd to third 'shunt', dealer can't identify problem, but have done a software update. I have yet to collect, but won't hold my breath......

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi All,

If you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle, such as the Auto gear box, I would ask that in the first instance you raise this to your selling or local Land Rover retailer to allow them to investigate the concern.

The ZF Auto Transmission is designed to adapt to the individual driving style of the vehicle operator. Additionally, we will continually look to improve the functioning of the transmission which can be done through software updates that would be applied during routine servicing.

Should you however visit your local retailer and still be experiencing concerns or your vehicle is currently with a retailer and you would like me to look into your concern further, please do not hesitate to contact me by PM with your contact details, as well as vehicle and retailer details.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Pete, can you explain how the "adaption" works, how long it takes, if we can help it out? In particular, is it learning anything at all whilst I keep over-riding it with the paddles or does it give up and learn only from when I let it do its thing? (Which is very poor, IMHO, and I've tried ECO, normal *and* sport - there's nothing sporty about that!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I agree, there is nothing 'Sporty' about the sport mode. I am going back to Stratstone to drive their demonstrator again to see the difference, as when I initially drove it on the test drive back in Feb, it was a nice car!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
[email protected], my issue is that the pick up when shifting from 2 into third is very aggressive and not smooth like all the other gear shifts. Happens when driving pulling from a stop.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a very similar problem with my car, amongst other problems, it's been ongoing for near on a year, need to get in touch with someone from Land Rover, has anyone got any contact details

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.