Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've just picked up my new disco sport, having a bit of a nightmare as the Labrador, is total spooked by the noise of the boot closure.

Petrified she's going to get stuck / run off.

Is it possible to disable it?

If not, anyone got any tips to get her used to it?

Sorry for totally female pathetic post ;)

SE tech, corris grey, cirrus leather, privacy glass, black roof, 20' alloys, rubber mats (dog/wellie tastic)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our golden doodle was a bit freaked at first, have you tried sitting in the boot with the dog for a couple of cycles? Ours is now fine with it, after a few attempts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I am not sure if this is in the handbook, but one of the LR Experence guys showed me how to set the opening height of the tailgate.
By manually moving it to the wanted position and holding the shut button for 8 seconds - useful apparently if you have a low height garage or car park

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar issue with our cockapoo. She is an incredibly nervous dog but she is fine with it now. I do bribe her with the odd carrot

·
Registered
829 Posts
Must be a rabbit

·
Registered
562 Posts
Our lab hates the boot closing, caught his tail a couple of times, he has learnt to sit as soon as he is in the back (gets his tail outta the way!) He is a bit disconcerted with the sound of the soft close mind.

Agree with advice, sit with her to gain confidence.

·
Registered
562 Posts
philn said:
On page 12 of handbook, useful as moose says for low garage doors.
Thanks need to implement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.