Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone from Australia had delivery yet? What do you think so far? Ours is being delivered August 4th having second doubts as haven't read many glowing reviews yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put my deposit down and 3 months waiting (End of Sept) if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put deposit down in May for step 18 delivery. All professional reviews seem good. I'm just hoping that the stuff we read on here is just a case of a few bad apples in the bunch. There are always going to be new cars with issues and I am also hoping there are a lot more owners out there that have no need for sites like this because they are happy with their cars!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Guys,

I put my deposit down 2 weeks ago and never hear from my dealer since. How soon will they provide you an ETA? Cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer must have known we were very keen and had a build booked in that he held for us. It was a planned build date of (week ending) 3/7/15.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We where lucky to pick up a dealer spare. We don't need a new car currently have a 2013 prado but just don't love it so am hoping I have made right decision.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darcy M said:
Has anyone from Australia had delivery yet? What do you think so far? Ours is being delivered August 4th having second doubts as haven't read many glowing reviews yet.
Yes I've had mine for a few weeks (ordered in January). I've certainly had a few issues and waiting on parts to resolve them but overall I'm still very happy with it. The two main things I'd prefer were better are fuel economy (I'm not getting anywhere near claimed figures - even urban) and the auto shifting in eco mode is a bit lethargic. It seems OK with eco switched off and it's very responsive with the flappy paddles, so it's clearly a software logic thing rather than a capability thing. In any case, my wife made the comment that it feels like it was built just for her so she's clearly impressed! :)

I think a lot of the negativity (including some from myself on occasion) revolves around the fact that this is a premium car and people expect perfection. A new vehicle launch rarely goes off without a hitch though, so a few minor issues are not unexpected. Don't be disheartened - it really is a lovely vehicle and I'm quite satisfied with my purchase.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darcy M said:
Very jealous of your color I wanted that. Do you have any kids? I know it will be fine hopefully!
Yes we've got three kids so three car seats across the back. I would have liked a bit more seat width in the rear but it's acceptable. There's loads of width at waist & shoulder height across the vehicle, it's just that the actual seat itself could have been a bit wider to accommodate child seats better. As it stands, there's a bit of unused space between the edge of the seat and the door if that makes sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's great to know. That was one of my concerns was car seats but we measured the length of the back seat and was only 2cm shorter than my prado backseat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darcy M said:
That's great to know. That was one of my concerns was car seats but we measured the length of the back seat and was only 2cm shorter than my prado backseat.
If it helps further I've had a prado previously as well and this is far superior in almost every way in my opinion :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I like the prado for the height but we just don't use it for what's it meant to be the most off road it's been is up the gutter (disco will prob be the same). Looking forward to leather interior, sat nav and better Bluetooth! And not every second person driving the same car as you

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI all, I took delivery of mine on June 2. Ordered it back in Feb. Got santorini black, HSE Lux. So far I haven't had any problems *touch wood*. The only thing is its fuel consumption is not as great as I hoped. I am currently doing around 550kms per full tank and am hoping for closer to 700 mark.

But I have been told by a couple of people who know their cars that new cars take awhile to break into the engine and get their fuel consumption better.

Other than that have no issues & love the car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
prad_n said:
HI all, I took delivery of mine on June 2. Ordered it back in Feb. Got santorini black, HSE Lux. So far I haven't had any problems *touch wood*. The only thing is its fuel consumption is not as great as I hoped. I am currently doing around 550kms per full tank and am hoping for closer to 700 mark.

But I have been told by a couple of people who know their cars that new cars take awhile to break into the engine and get their fuel consumption better.

That's interesting info prad, I will see how the economy goes once it wears in. I have noticed it actually seems better with Eco mode OFF which is bizarre, but have the dealer looking into it anyway since they've got it in the workshop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ozsport said:
prad_n said:

That's interesting info prad, I will see how the economy goes once it wears in. I have noticed it actually seems better with Eco mode OFF which is bizarre, but have the dealer looking into it anyway since they've got it in the workshop.
Yea let me know how you go & especially if the dealer improves its fuel consumption. If so I need to drop mine in as I want to get my windows tinted anyways and I can get this done as well.

I have never driven with Eco mode on - always drive with it off. I should have mentioned that in my previous post. My auto start-stop is on, but not eco mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ozsport said:
Yes we've got three kids so three car seats across the back. I would have liked a bit more seat width in the rear but it's acceptable. There's loads of width at waist & shoulder height across the vehicle, it's just that the actual seat itself could have been a bit wider to accommodate child seats better. As it stands, there's a bit of unused space between the edge of the seat and the door if that makes sense.
ozsport - which car seats do you use for 3 across? We are expecting twins and have a 5yo so need 3 across. Do you use the isofix points for the outer seats? The latches seem to be set in which leaves space on each end of the bench. The bench itself seems upturned on the ends - does that hinder 3 across? At a pinch we can put a non-tethered booster into seat 6 or 7 - there are lightweight ones that permit that. What other cars did you look at?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.