Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my new car up last night (HSE Lux Santorini back, Ivory leather) only to find this morning they've given me a grey roof (apparently a £500 extra) - so after waiting since Sept for my black with black roof I now have a black with grey roof!
As you can imagine the sales guys at Landrover are miffed as am I! Nothing on order states grey anything! Oh well will wait and hear tomorrow the outcome. Lovely drive though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Doesn't this have the glass roof ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Oh dear.....does it look any good. Prob not. Oh well, free car for a few months and get an Ingenium engined one in Sept...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm assuming you've not actually accepted the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes glass panoramic sunroof but should be Santorini black surround. Didn't notice til this morning as picked up late last night. Garage been very helpful, in talks with Landrover but talk of a roof respray - not sure I'm entirely happy with that, anyone got any opinions???

·
Registered
329 Posts
My advice is to return the car and reject it. Require a replacement vehicle whilst LR build you the car you ordered.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Agree, don't accept a car you didn't order.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Agree here too, if its not on your order, get a new one, I would not accept a roof respray.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Request a new car and whatever you do, do not have the roof re-sprayed, you'll never be happy because the paint won't match "TRUST ME" :eek:
Also request a loan car while you wait for your replacement :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have to agree that you should get a replacement ordered and reject this one.
the dealer is very likely to want to re spray the roof and unfortunately they are allowed to try and take reasonable steps to rectify the mistake. However this is a big mistake. If you go that route just make sure that you get it in writing that even after the re spray you have the right to reject the vehicle if the spray has even the slightest of defects

·
Registered
329 Posts
Jpb_uk said:
I have to agree that you should get a replacement ordered and reject this one.
the dealer is very likely to want to re spray the roof and unfortunately they are allowed to try and take reasonable steps to rectify the mistake. However this is a big mistake. If you go that route just make sure that you get it in writing that even after the re spray you have the right to reject the vehicle if the spray has even the slightest of defects
Agree with this. The dealer will try to rectify but you just have to make the risk of them doing so clear to them, i.e. it is highly likely you'll still reject it. You're paying for a factory built car. I would also suggest that they should not have accepted the car themselves and tried to deliver it to you. They should have rejected it at the transporter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.