Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if this still represents good value for money with the new engines sine the service interval has increased so for an average car there would be 1 A services at 2 years (or 21k miles) and 1 B service at 4 years (or 42k miles) al for £499
What is a typical cost for a A and B service?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Service costs depending on dealers/location can range from about £250 to £500 a service. It's still worth the having and gives you piece of mid that you don't have to worry about service costs.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Don't you still have it serviced every 12 months regardless of mileage covered?, that's what happens with present engine, would think that they have only increased mileage between services for high mileage users.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I asked the same question of the dealer when I ordered. He had to check the LR website to confirm that I was correct. Anyway, after much negotiation, chuntering and threatening to leave, I got the service pack and tyre insurance (covers the lack of spare and writing off tyres when filling them with gloop) thrown in and a guaranteed trade in (made them amend order form to ensure there were no surprises in September).

Just waiting now for 29th Sept when the dealer says they will get their hands on it.

Hope it is better than my 2 Freelander 2's which have their own bay in the LR workshop.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ingenium engined cars, service intervals are 2 years or 21,000 miles. Service plan is 5 years or 50,000 miles.

It's still worth the taking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J77 said:
Ingenium engined cars, service intervals are 2 years or 21,000 miles. Service plan is 5 years or 50,000 miles.

It's still worth the taking.
So only 2 services for £499 with the new engine while 5 services with the old engine. This doesn't look like good value to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I've not seen 2 year service intervals anywhere yet - can anyone point me in the right direction

·
Registered
502 Posts
I assume it will include the AdBlue top-ups that will be required for the Ingenium engines, which will probably be required every year/less mileage than a full service.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just spoke to the dealer, the £499 service plan will follow the 2.0 service interval so 24 month, so expect to get only two services.

Currently for the 2.2 service A is £306 and service B is £440 (rough numbers), they dont know the 2.0 service costs but he said expect them to be a bit bigger due to higher quality oil/ad blu etc.

So the service plan does work out cheaper than a few quid, anyone on finance i would advise paying this up front and not bundling it into your finance package as the interest over the time will likely make the service plan more expensive.

We will then need to fork out for the ad blu liquid between services.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Just looking on topix and service intervals are 21k miles or 24 months for 2.0 ingenium

A Service -
34,000 km/21,000
miles or 24 months*

B Service -
34,000 km/21,000
miles or 24 months*
after the previous
A Service

A Service -
34,000 km/21,000
miles or 24 months*
after the previous
B Service

Repeat sequence from the first B Service
* Whichever occurs first.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I expect knowing LR prices will be increased for 2 year service intervals compared to annual and if like me tend to change at 3 years the buyer will expect service plan included - they did when I sold swmbo mini

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Odd this, if you go on land rovers UK main site and click on discovery sport towards the bottom is servicing and if you click on this it shows you the items carried out in the service EVERY 12 months, considering the only cars you can now order in the uk are igenium cars you would think that this was the information for them.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I get the impression that the website and information was all done by someone on work experience - I prefered the old website it was much clearer

·
Registered
677 Posts
Click on the Ingenium engine guide on the LR UK website, it tells you everything you need to know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.