Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my MY016 DS which I love the look, the styling, in fact everything as long as it sits outside my house and I don't drive it.

Issues to date -

Numerous rattles and squeaks from the rear seats
Gearbox failure (apparently software but not convinced)
DAB issue on braking required a brand new tailgate due to a wiring loom problem
Twice now randomly lost all special programs, including ECO mode and the ability to change gear in either auto or manual (switching on and off fixed this)
Just found out now that the passenger heated seat has stopped working.

Sorry but I'm not spending £45k on a car with this many issues, just nope.

Has anyone else rejected their car, got their money back? no idea how that even works with a finance package but I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to get them to either (a) replace the car with a new MY16 like for like or (b) take the car back and give me a full refund.

Only had the car since April.

Such a shame, I so want to love this car....

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm in the same frame of mind as I've had my fair share of issues. I've shrugged off most of these and put them as teething issues with a new model but I'm loosing confidence in the DS and LR with a new issue virtually every week and they struggle to find and repair issues. To be honest the dealer has been great the quality not so. As you've said a shame as the DS looks the part and is great to drive and admired. Just getting feed up spending so much time at the dealers and going without my DS that I paid for.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So I'm thinking the dealer probably just buffed up the paintwork and stuck it on the forecourt with a £44k price ticket in the window.

Wonder if there's any future in a website where people who've rejected new or s/h dealer sold cars can record their issues, so prospective buyers can know what faults to check have been fixed.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
ccomley said:
So I'm thinking the dealer probably just buffed up the paintwork and stuck it on the forecourt with a £44k price ticket in the window.

Wonder if there's any future in a website where people who've rejected new or s/h dealer sold cars can record their issues, so prospective buyers can know what faults to check have been fixed.
Good point, although i can see problems with people trying to get good car cheaper by entering the reg themselves.
Could use the last three digits off the vin number.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have had my DS since 12th August 2015.
Today, after some discussions, the dealer has offered to purchase my car back from me.
I think this is mainly due to the B pillar issue.
Sad day really - but like MikeLondon70 suggested, a £45k list car shouldn't have these problems!
I hope the build improves as I'd like to do a factory order for next year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just in the process of a complaint with the review to get a replacement or refund. Various issues again but the b pillar repair hasn't resolved the rattle I have. Am with LR Finance so as they own the car, I called their complaints and they are processing it. They write to the dealer, get their independent mechanic involved etc.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you need a hand let me know...
To my way of thinking this is a serious issue for LR and the reputation of the DS.
Dealers are now shying away from carrying out the repair, due to the uncertainty of the outcome and the onerous of responsibility placed upon them.
I suspect residual values of MY15 DS's to be affected not only as a result of an obsolete engine, but due to the industry known B pillar rattle!
Who'd buy a premium car knowing such issues pertain to it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Amazingly badly handled issue. I've never previously heard of any cars being handed back due to noise, and now we have 2 confirmed cases, and sounds like many more to come.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ordinarily I'd agree with you - however, this isn't just a bolt on/bolt off part, or replacement part, or a software upgrade; there is major work to be done to rectify the issue. And even then, there are reports that the 'fix' doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I would like to know if this B pillar rattle is a small batch on cars one after the other, from a assembly fault what ever that may be, in which case i would hope it was swiftly fixed. Or a design problem in which case many more car may be effected, the tech bulletin is saying vin 501001-550001which is a lot if that is the case.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Presumably then with a range restriction the problem has been fixed, question being whats it been fixed on, are the 550001 up range for my16's? Anyone with a shiney new my16 that could confirm?

·
Registered
46 Posts
My VIN is 522467 and I am pleased to say that at this stage I am unaware of any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Vin 5015?? Nov 14 build has B pillar rattle

·
Registered
436 Posts
UPDATE: Car collected today, refund received today - glad it has ended this way!
Looking at new cars tomorrow - driving a DS 2.0 180 Auto and XF 2.0 180 Auto - will be very interesting to see how these cars drive with the new i4D engine compared to the previous 2.2SD4 unit.
Oh, lastly, 82TLT has been retained - great online DVLA service (thoroughly recommend) - Black DS 190 now registered as WH15GAO - caveat emptor!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.