Discovery Sport Forum banner
901 - 917 of 917 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
fantastic at least you know its there and ready to collect, fingers crossed our build date actually happens this time haha
guess you will wait for 1st September
Yes beginning of Sept although one email told us the car had been registered and another saying it hadn’t . So who knows!!!! 🙄 have you arranged to collect yours? Please post pics when you do
[/QUOTE]

Still not been built yet so nothing arranged but hoping first couple of days of september.

O wow really hope they haven't registered it already for you, little unfair if they have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes beginning of Sept although one email told us the car had been registered and another saying it hadn’t . So who knows!!!! 🙄 have you arranged to collect yours? Please post pics when you do
Still not been built yet so nothing arranged but hoping first couple of days of september.

O wow really hope they haven't registered it already for you, little unfair if they have.
[/QUOTE]
Yes just waiting on clarification. Not sure if the email that got sent initially was just auto generated. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don’t think they can register a car untill the day you pick it up, they may have obtained a provisional registration number so they can get the number plates made up, I say this as similar happened to me whereby I asked my dealer to keep my car until March 1st instead of a January handover hence they were fine with that but said I would have to pay for new 22 reg plates (the original 71 plates were already on the car)

Reactions: osc3936

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don’t think they can register a car untill the day you pick it up, they may have obtained a provisional registration number so they can get the number plates made up, I say this as similar happened to me whereby I asked my dealer to keep my car until March 1st instead of a January handover hence they were fine with that but said I would have to pay for new 22 reg plates (the original 71 plates were already on the car)
Yes from what I gather that’s what’s happened. They have assured me now the vehicle isn’t registered and will be registered for Sept collection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I've just been informed that my car is due for a 12th August build date and delivery to me in early September. (At my request for the new plate)

Fingers crossed as this is my third build date.

Reactions: ls9316

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still no news of any changes for build date this Friday, fingers crossed they don’t change it 2 days before again like last time.
Are you regularly contacting your dealer for build dates or are they emailing you? I never seem to get any information unless i chase them... Wish there was a portal like VW, makes it so much easier to get updates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What dates were you given previously? Assume they have moved them around a few times (n)
From our order in March 2022 it was 6-9months, then brought forward to the middle of June and then delayed to an expected build date of the 12th August.

I understand that the dates move around depending on the parts availability, I would just prefer to not get too excited when I see an email with a hugely brought forward date, only to have it pushed back the day before its build date.

Reactions: Farmer-ted

·
Registered
88 Posts
Finally some
Good
Are you regularly contacting your dealer for build dates or are they emailing you? I never seem to get any information unless i chase them... Wish there was a portal like VW, makes it so much easier to get updates.
Sorry in Norway on a cruise so just seen this….. Yh constantly chasing and moaning at dealer and had a fair few moans at the head office etc So my original date was meant to be start of July for delivery mid July then 2 days before got moved to august again.

just phoned dealer just to see any news etc and o Yh the cars here already ( salesman I’m dealing with is off )…… no call no email from anyone to let me know …:: and are still reluctant to discuss a price for my part Ex ……..

have to say worst customer service from a car manufacturer……the Salesman himself is great and I appreciate can’t tell us anything if he doesn’t know himself

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally some
Good

Sorry in Norway on a cruise so just seen this….. Yh constantly chasing and moaning at dealer and had a fair few moans at the head office etc So my original date was meant to be start of July for delivery mid July then 2 days before got moved to august again.

just phoned dealer just to see any news etc and o Yh the cars here already ( salesman I’m dealing with is off )…… no call no email from anyone to let me know …:: and are still reluctant to discuss a price for my part Ex ……..

have to say worst customer service from a car manufacturer……the Salesman himself is great and I appreciate can’t tell us anything if he doesn’t know himself
Wow... The cars arrived and not even rung you to let you know.... After all that time waiting aswell. Very poor.

Anyway, good news. Assume your waiting for the new Sept plate now?

Just had an update on mine. Was scheduled for build mid-August but this has now been pushed back to beginning of November with delivery in mid-November.... So annoying considering I ordered back in January.

Im sure it will be worth the wait though (y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally some
Good

Good to hear it’s been built and at the dealership 👍🏼

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow... The cars arrived and not even rung you to let you know.... After all that time waiting aswell. Very poor.

Anyway, good news. Assume your waiting for the new Sept plate now?

Just had an update on mine. Was scheduled for build mid-August but this has now been pushed back to beginning of November with delivery in mid-November.... So annoying considering I ordered back in January.

Im sure it will be worth the wait though (y)
That’s right arrived and no contact….

Yes waiting to September but really don’t want to haha but what’s an extra 2 weeks when been waiting 12 months

Ah gutting been pushed back… guessing you gone for P300e to get a built date for 8 months but later now as you say

·
Registered
6 Posts

Yes waiting to September but really don’t want to haha but what’s an extra 2 weeks when been waiting 12 months

Ah gutting been pushed back… guessing you gone for P300e to get a built date for 8 months but later now as you say
Yeah exactly whats another 2 weeks... ;) new toy though... going to be a long 2 weeks...

Yes, P300e. Have heard stories of build dates coming forward, so one can only hope.

·
Registered
2 Posts

have you ordered one of the Diesel engines then rather than p300e last update I had from my dealer was they are no longer building Diesel engines for disco sport. I have been waiting 14 months and that’s the last update I had from dealer. Never been given a build date 😢

·
Registered
6 Posts
have you ordered one of the Diesel engines then rather than p300e last update I had from my dealer was they are no longer building Diesel engines for disco sport. I have been waiting 14 months and that’s the last update I had from dealer. Never been given a build date 😢
When I ordered my P300e back in January the dealer mentioned they were likely to stop taking orders for diesels.
A lot of people who ordered diesels on 22MY were transferred to 23MY (with reduced spec). I’d defo be on my dealers case if I was you. Sounds like you’ve been left in the dark. 👎

901 - 917 of 917 Posts