Discovery Sport Forum banner
861 - 880 of 910 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
damn , guess i will be expecting the same call shortly then - did you have any extra options on the car ?
No nothing extra other than the privacy glass which was now an extra from the MY22. I have seen on a Facebook thread that the wheels we have chosen are now not available but we haven’t been told this yet. I’m wondering if this might be the issue?!

·
Registered
86 Posts
No nothing extra other than the privacy glass which was now an extra from the MY22. I have seen on a Facebook thread that the wheels we have chosen are now not available but we haven’t been told this yet. I’m wondering if this might be the issue?!
Just phoned customer services as dealer doesn't seem to ever contact us direct -- been put back to build date 10th of august

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bet ours are being built together with a delivery to the dealer for the 26th august?! Just hope it doesn’t get pushed back anymore
seems the way, just cant understand the sudden change when build was only 3 days away but set back a month, seems drastic.

If comes in the end of august, I think I will wait till 1st September.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just phoned customer services as dealer doesn't seem to ever contact us direct -- been put back to build date 10th of august
Bet ours are being built together with a delivery to the dealer for the 26th august?! Just hope it doesn’t get pushed back anymore
seems the way, just cant understand the sudden change when build was only 3 days away but set back a month, seems drastic.

If comes in the end of august, I think I will wait till 1st September.
Exactly it’s not like it’s a week delay it’s 4+ weeks. Yes I think we will also do the same. Our dealer did say a week from delivery to them for collection so that takes us into September

·
Registered
86 Posts

Exactly it’s not like it’s a week delay it’s 4+ weeks. Yes I think we will also do the same. Our dealer did say a week from delivery to them for collection so that takes us into September
Comes across as JLR could not organise a piss up in a brewery to be honest.
Concerning no communication from dealer as well, if hadn't chased after your comment, I would of still been expecting a build Friday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has had the news we have just had but our D165 ordered 12 months ago has been cancelled by Stratstone Teesside. Apparently JLR are not making engines for Discovery Sports in D165 or D200 engines anymore. We’re furious and appalled at situation 😡

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has had the news we have just had but our D165 ordered 12 months ago has been cancelled by Stratstone Teesside. Apparently JLR are not making engines for Discovery Sports in D165 or D200 engines anymore. We’re furious and appalled at situation 😡
Oh no!! Did you have a build date at all? Ours was tomorrow but now pushed back to august 😬

·
Registered
871 Posts
But what model is/was yours going to be❓

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked my D165 SE up yesterday after a 14 month wait. The dealer did say he couldn’t understand why mine had come through as he was under the impression that LR were not building D165’s at the moment and he has customers that have been waiting way longer than me.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Tire

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picked my D165 SE up yesterday after a 14 month wait. The dealer did say he couldn’t understand why mine had come through as he was under the impression that LR were not building D165’s at the moment and he has customers that have been waiting way longer than me.

View attachment 11945

View attachment 11946

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Congratulations and enjoy, you’ve been really lucky. We’ve now had ours cancelled by retailer today. Makes no sense at all !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes last October which was cancelled with no further build date and been an arduous waiting game since with really poor customer service from Stratstone. Even when they rang and cancelled they didn’t apologise !!!!
What a nightmare!!
Yes last October which was cancelled with no further build date and been an arduous waiting game since with really poor customer service from Stratstone. Even when they rang and cancelled they didn’t apologise !!!!
I’ve got less faith in ours being built and delivered for the end of august now. 😬 it’s so frustrating and annoying.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Is nobody posting here anymore? During my early days of DS there were loads of posts mainly complaining at the unreliability of the cars. It’s very quite now, does that mean LR have turned a corner and now build great cars, certainly my Mk. 2 is a world apart from the early cars!!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Is nobody posting here anymore? During my early days of DS there were loads of posts mainly complaining at the unreliability of the cars. It’s very quite now, does that mean LR have turned a corner and now build great cars, certainly my Mk. 2 is a world apart from the early cars!!!
You must be looking at a different forum lol

861 - 880 of 910 Posts