Discovery Sport Forum banner
821 - 840 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
LR are still only accepting new orders for the phev. And rumour has it they are concentrating on existing orders for top of the range models (more profit). I ordered from my local dealer in March but they still can't place the order with Land Rover. And they have rearranged their showroom - the LR bit is now tiny. I suspect they have laid off or transferred most of their sales staff too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is anyone still waiting for a D165 Urban Edition? Placed our order June 2021 with build date Oct 2021. That date came and went sadly as build date cancelled. Since then we’ve heard, only because we’ve made contact with the dealer multiple times, that we’ve been moved to a MY23 model but been advised that JLR have no production planned for the D165 engine for Disco sport and there is no update available at all on future production or so we are led to believe. Have raised issue time and time again with dealer to no avail. We understand JLR are producing higher value models which really does make us feel like the poor relation and totally undervalued as a customer. Just how long do we need to wait for our vehicle !! Anyone got any good news on this topic to brighten our day?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think if it gets delivered to dealer before the 1st/2nd week of august , I will collect straight away.
Totally get why people are waiting for 1 of September but im not waiting 3-4 weeks if car is just sat at the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think if it gets delivered to dealer before the 1st/2nd week of august , I will collect straight away.
Totally get why people are waiting for 1 of September but im not waiting 3-4 weeks if car is just sat at the dealer.
Yes that’s exactly our thoughts too!! We’ve waited long enough so want it sooner rather than later ☺ The expected delivery at the dealer is now showing on my paperwork the 22nd July. Fingers crossed for us both 🤞🏼

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is it, why wait, i get that when part ex in future you will get a little less but its one of those things.

I'm guessing you can add a couple days on from the 22nd for them to get it ready at the dealers etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is anyone still waiting for a D165 Urban Edition? Placed our order June 2021 with build date Oct 2021. That date came and went sadly as build date cancelled. Since then we’ve heard, only because we’ve made contact with the dealer multiple times, that we’ve been moved to a MY23 model but been advised that JLR have no production planned for the D165 engine for Disco sport and there is no update available at all on future production or so we are led to believe. Have raised issue time and time again with dealer to no avail. We understand JLR are producing higher value models which really does make us feel like the poor relation and totally undervalued as a customer. Just how long do we need to wait for our vehicle !! Anyone got any good news on this topic to brighten our day?
Yes, I ordered my D165 SE in May 2021 and the build date is currently this Friday with a delivery date of the 8th July. Haven’t been told any changes to this yet, although might give them a call today just to check.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Are JLR still offering the half day experience when you purchase a new car.
As far as I’m aware yes. I did mine last week and very good it was too! You should get an email a couple of weeks before delivery date and depending on which centre you go to (and the day of the week presumably) there’s a couple of months at least wait for a slot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ah that’s great thanks build dates 8th July with delivery end of July fingers crossed they are still doing the experience day as they sound great - thanks for the info

·
Registered
899 Posts
For those with long (a year) waiting times, what do you do about agreeing a trade in price for present car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer fixed the trade-in price for my car last week, my new D165 SE should be here in the next few weeks. Good news is it’s worth £1500 more than the trade-in price they gave me 13 months ago.

·
Registered
846 Posts
My dealer fixed the trade-in price for my car last week, my new D165 SE should be here in the next few weeks. Good news is it’s worth £1500 more than the trade-in price they gave me 13 months ago.
👍👍

821 - 840 of 857 Posts