Discovery Sport Forum banner
801 - 820 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone recently put plate on retention.... heard someone mention that currently people waiting a couple months for docs to come through...... wondering if this is correct ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ordered Diesel MY 20 in March last year (2021) - that kept on being pushed back - then told not available so had to re-order a MY22 - which again was pushed back until that also was unavailable - so reordered again a MY23. I wasn't going to give up as I get a superb discount.
Finally picked up a very smart looking R Dynamic SE D200 in Firenze Red with black pack etc yesterday. Very pleased I waited but was gob-smacked when they produced the key fob - Just one fob and an extra manual emergency key blade!!!!!!
The sales person was extremely embarrassed when I kicked off and explained that the DS is our only car and is used by both of us and one fob was not enough. I had to explain to him that the key blade ONLY unlocks the door which in turn sets off the alarm which needs a fob to stop it and can not start the car!!
This is another LR ploy to save chips and cash. Apparently a second one will be provided sometime in the future.
Rang Customer services and got the same answer.

·
Registered
2021 Discovery Sport P250 HSE in Silicon Silver and Acorn
299 Posts
Ordered Diesel MY 20 in March last year (2021) - that kept on being pushed back - then told not available so had to re-order a MY22 - which again was pushed back until that also was unavailable - so reordered again a MY23. I wasn't going to give up as I get a superb discount.
Finally picked up a very smart looking R Dynamic SE D200 in Firenze Red with black pack etc yesterday. Very pleased I waited but was gob-smacked when they produced the key fob - Just one fob and an extra manual emergency key blade!!!!!!
The sales person was extremely embarrassed when I kicked off and explained that the DS is our only car and is used by both of us and one fob was not enough. I had to explain to him that the key blade ONLY unlocks the door which in turn sets off the alarm which needs a fob to stop it and can not start the car!!
This is another LR ploy to save chips and cash. Apparently a second one will be provided sometime in the future.
Rang Customer services and got the same answer.
Good grief. Strange times. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
At the point where I really just want to walk away from it... so many great nearly new cars on the market right now, tolerating this near-endless wait and information vacuum makes less sense every day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am really pleased with my Discovery Sport Urban 2023 which I have had since March. The only fault is the wireless charger which doesn't work with the iPhone 12 or 13 due to magnetic interference from the Mag Safe technology. Seems this issue has been here since 2020 so I have escalated to the dealer again as I won't let it lye! Apple Car Play is really good and I am using Waze as my Sat Nag. I am loving the satellite navigation as well, really handy.

Best LR vehicle yet :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am really pleased with my Discovery Sport Urban 2023 which I have had since March. The only fault is the wireless charger which doesn't work with the iPhone 12 or 13 due to magnetic interference from the Mag Safe technology. Seems this issue has been here since 2020 so I have escalated to the dealer again as I won't let it lye! Apple Car Play is really good and I am using Waze as my Sat Nag. I am loving the satellite navigation as well, really handy.

Best LR vehicle yet :)
Lovely car!! Keep us updated on your progress. Hoping to get my Urban end august/begin sept 🤞🏼 And also have an iPhone 12 😬

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't suppose anyone has had much of update/communications from JLR, seems to be less posts on here about builds/collections etc
I’ve been told by my dealership that today was the last day for any changes to my order. Originally I was told the car is due for delivery at the dealership at the end of august but after I made a change this week to the order the paperwork all came back showing a build date in July delivery to dealer end of July now??? I’m still going by the august date though with a view to collect beginning of sept

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve been told by my dealership that today was the last day for any changes to my order. Originally I was told the car is due for delivery at the dealership at the end of august but after I made a change this week to the order the paperwork all came back showing a build date in July delivery to dealer end of July now??? I’m still going by the august date though with a view to collect beginning of sept
"I’ve been told by my dealership that today was the last day for any changes to my order. " - SNAP ....... must be a big build week coming..... OK, we can only hope! :)

Reactions: osc3936
801 - 820 of 857 Posts