Discovery Sport Forum banner
741 - 760 of 796 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Just ordered another D165, with the wait about a year!. If I understand correctly, the dealer can't even put in the order yet, as the factory are only taking orders for hybrids, but it's on the system ready to go when orders are accepted. They say they will guarantee the price. Not worried about the wait, as I like my Evoque a lot, but it'll be four years old by the time the DS arrives. They had only two new vehicles in the showroom, both registered and presumably ready to go out. They can't even order replacement demonstrators at the moment. Interestingly, a different dealer from the same group told me they couldn't take an order at all at the moment.
If they try to cancel the order and up the price, I may just demand my money back and buy a Duster and a nice holiday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have ordered P300e last month(21/03), the dealer says 12 months but I've just looked at my order paper work and it says EDT 17/05/2023!!
I hope this isn't true:)
I have ordered P300e last month(21/03), the dealer says 12 months but I've just looked at my order paper work and it says EDT 17/05/2023!!
I hope this isn't true:)
i orderd P300e 6/22, i had been told the build day is 07/22 :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Head offfice/customer service -- we had emailed and called several times to find out facts as no one was updating anyone and with no reply and finally they called today and advised apparently D165 stopped for even current orders.... fuming to say the least but lets see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phone call from JLR e confirming they have advised dealers that D165 discovery sports have been apparently cancelled.
I had also seen this information from JLR so queried it with my dealership. The reply I got which came from the order control team at JLR was that my order for the MY23 D165 was still in the ‘holding pool’ and it was all ‘new’ orders that had been cancelled?? We placed our order in May 21. They also advised me there was ‘potential’ for my order to be pulled from the holding pool?! It seems at the minute the information buyers are getting is very conflicting. Just hope I’ve not been misinformed again!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah D165 on order since june 2021. was told yesterday that my order is still in holding pool and that they are hopeful to have a date soon and that they are starting to get vehicles delivered

·
Registered
54 Posts
S
What were you told yesterday? Do you also have a D165 on order? I’m getting so frustrated with the conflicting information coming out at the minute. 🥴
Yh ordered D165 back in september 21 and order was in holding pool - dealer also advised us if we wanted an evoque he could get one easy and a exact build date but discovery sports they have no idea and now told D165 wont be happening..... fingers crossed they have all got it wrong and they will be built but yh who knows ....... comes across that no one has a clue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just been given a build/delivery date of May 27th / June 17th for my P300e Urban - given all the bank holidays at this time of year I expect some variance on this.

I only ordered a month ago, mid march of this year. So it definitely appears that they are working at some pace at the plant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You're very lucky and I'm happy for you! Beginning this year I was told that dealers have orders placed from last year where customers have cancelled it. However the dealers keep the order in the queue (given the long delay) and they can change completely the configuration for a specific customer up to a couple of months before the actual production. In your case since it is a special edition the situation is probably different and probably faster to produce (since the car configuration is known in advance it can be scheduled upfront, then someone will sell it)

741 - 760 of 796 Posts