Discovery Sport Forum banner
561 - 580 of 588 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
It seems the dealers have all been told different things, we placed an order early September and this wasn't mention only that its a wait time of 12 months
The dealers will all have been told the same thing, globally, by the manufacturer. What they choose to tell their sales staff and customers, however, is another matter entirely.

And that’s my point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new here on the forum. Very interesting what is being said here. I myself ordered a discovery sport P300e R-Dynamic HSE on April 16, 2021. At the moment my dealer says he still has no idea when my car would be built. Is it possible that after almost 9 months of waiting this is still not known? The only thing he has said so far is that the 360-degree camera and head-up display will not be there. He said yesterday that the IDD still available is. Is that possible?

·
Banned
113 Posts
I am new here on the forum. Very interesting what is being said here. I myself ordered a discovery sport P300e R-Dynamic HSE on April 16, 2021. At the moment my dealer says he still has no idea when my car would be built. Is it possible that after almost 9 months of waiting this is still not known? The only thing he has said so far is that the 360-degree camera and head-up display will not be there. He said yesterday that the IDD still available is. Is that possible?
Your dealer, or your sales person?

Ask to speak to the head of business or threaten to cancel your order. He will soon give you the facts.

They all know the real situation, but are pleading ignorance to protect their sales pipeline.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Has your dealer actually removed the HUD & surround cameras from your order specification, if not then you will NOT get a build date, I ordered my car in June, dealer asked me if I wanted to remove those options in September, by October it had entered the build pool whereby the parts are sourced, in November I was given a build date for mid December, my dealer has confirmed it has been built to 22MY spec with IDD dash. It appears some dealers are more pro active than others namely the smaller family owned ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has your dealer actually removed the HUD & surround cameras from your order specification, if not then you will NOT get a build date, I ordered my car in June, dealer asked me if I wanted to remove those options in September, by October it had entered the build pool whereby the parts are sourced, in November I was given a build date for mid December, my dealer has confirmed it has been built to 22MY spec with IDD dash. It appears some dealers are more pro active than others namely the smaller family owned ones.
Is yours a P300e Paul? My p300e HSE order was placed at the end of June but just before Xmas was still in the holding pool. The only option I have is roof rails - so can’t believe that’s a reason for even more delay!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is yours a P300e Paul? My p300e HSE order was placed at the end of June but just before Xmas was still in the holding pool. The only option I have is roof rails - so can’t believe that’s a reason for even more delay!
what colour have you ordered?. my p300e wasn't ordered until sept and its in my garage now.? can only think the hse has far more semi conductors in it and land rover are trying to build as many cars with as few conductors as possible due to shortage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what colour have you ordered?. my p300e wasn't ordered until sept and its in my garage now.? can only think the hse has far more semi conductors in it and land rover are trying to build as many cars with as few conductors as possible due to shortage.
Mine will hopefully be namib orange - though notice they’ve removed it from the MY23 range.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes P300e HSE in Hakuba silver & black contrast roof, it would have been with me now but build got delayed by two weeks at the last minute so not built untill 17 December.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine was ordered end of march, and been delivered end of october, with 3D cam, but without HUD, that needed to be removed when changing to MY22. Also Belgium.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine will hopefully be namib orange - though notice they’ve removed it from the MY23 range.
i would think you will still get namib orange until production of my 22 is stopped later in the year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My P300e HSE in Hakuba silver was ordered (via a lease company) on 4th August 2021 and i'm having it delivered this coming Thursday (13th Jan). It arrived at the dealers last week of December.
I didn't select 3D or HuD, will report back on if it has IDD.

Reactions: Dimi.be

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably already common knowledge but sounds like any new orders are still not being put into the holding pool.
Guessing even being in the holding pool means nothing with the way delays are.
Would be interested to know when they stop building MY22 for MY23 .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably already common knowledge but sounds like any new orders are still not being put into the holding pool.
Guessing even being in the holding pool means nothing with the way delays are.
Would be interested to know when they stop building MY22 for MY23 .
I thought changeover of MY was done during summer shutdown (mid July) but I may be completely wrong.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dealers are still in the dark regarding any vehicles that don’t have build slots.

I cancelled our order yesterday as a change in circumstances means that I’m in no rush to swap our current one, and I don’t want tinted rear windows which the ‘23 model year 290 now shows as standard.

·
Registered
Ordered D200 SE R-Dynamic in Eiger Grey with 20" Satin Dark Grey Wheels.
10 Posts
Well, it's finally happened ... the phone call from my lease company to confirm that Land Rover have cancelled my order for the D200 R-Dynamic SE which I placed in July 2021

Even though it was expected, I am totally gutted

He says that he has a long list of people to phone and give them the bad news

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've been following this for a while. We ordered a D200 urban edition for my wife with quite a few extras in June 2021 from Leeds Land Rover via Carwow with a decent discount.

We were told November 2021 delivery at that point and the dealer removed the IDD from our options due to the chip shortage. There was also talk of removing the electrically deployable towbar but that never happened - we would have cancelled at that point if they did as we need the 7 seats and we need a towbar (if you have 7 seats, for some reason you can't have the detachable towbar, you have to spec the more expensive electric one)

My wife sold her Jag XFS Sportbrake in August as we got offered a silly price for it and we had the option to borrow a car from a relative until novemeber as they were out of the country.

Needless to say, despite chasing every 4-5 weeks, nothing has happened. We've ended up buying a cheap 2011 Kia Sorrento from a lcoal garage to see us by for now as it has 7 seats and the towbar. Our DS is apparently still in the holding pool.

The dealer is been quite honest; they told me yesterday that 'Land Rover are blatently trawling their order books and cherry picking the most profitable cars'. They advised that the odd car is getting through, but mainly Range Rovers, Velars, Discos and higher spec Defenders with the occasional high spec evoque. The P300e DS are moving but they said there is no rhym or reason with these, some have been delivered within a couple of months whilst others are 8 months and still waiting.

However, despite the DS MY23 specs been released, the dealer has no indication that MY22 diesel orders are been cancelled. They did say that this may be likely if its becomes evident they definately can't build the car before the summer of 2022 as this is where prodcution with switch to MY2023. They did advise however that they would allow us to reorder on the MY23, hold our place, and that we WOULD retain our agreed % discount with the dealer; something which is impossible to obtain currently for new customers. They also said any inflationary cost between the MY22 and MY23 may also be covered by LR and/or the dealer - apparently this has been happening with other models.

All-in-all, whilst I remain pesimistic, for the sake of £1000 and given the fact the used car market is BONKERS we are going to keep our order in and hope for the best. The Kia Sorrento we have in the interim is serving it's purpose for now and every month that goes by we are saving a chunk of cash which is constantly topping up our deposit. As we need 7 seats and towing capacity over 2000kg, our options for alternatives at a sensible price are limited currently.

Interestingly and on a related subject; we enquired regarding a used audi Q7 last week which we decided not to progress with - however the salesperson told me his father works at the Halewood JLR plant. Apparently last year they dropped production from 3x 8hr shifts per day to 1 shift per day and they got rid of all agency staff. Apparently from Feb22, they are ramping back up to 3x 8hr shifts a day. This may be unrelated, but it may be a sign that things might be improving. (although I dont know what they do at this plant)

Finally - on the subject of removing options; I have a Jag IPACE HSE which i took delivery of in Q3 2021. We had another 2 delivered at work in Q4 2021. They were all supposed to have the 360cam and HUD removed from the standard HSE spec due to the chip shortage - they all came with them to our surprise. All also had 2 keys. I must stress though that these were supposed to be standard HSE items, not optional extras. They seem to be knocking out the EV and PHEV JLR models much quicker than ICE models throughout 2021 this is likely due to the huge average emissions fine JLR were facing, although if I've understood it correctly haven't JLR bought Tesla's quota now to prevent this? If this is the case, it would seem they are now prioritising EV and PHEV orders based on profit margins, rather than emissions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My P300e HSE in Hakuba silver was ordered (via a lease company) on 4th August 2021 and i'm having it delivered this coming Thursday (13th Jan). It arrived at the dealers last week of December.
I didn't select 3D or HuD, will report back on if it has IDD.
Its arrived (more to follow) - can confirm it has IDD fitted.

Reactions: badger64

·
Registered
2 Posts
My DS P200 HSE R-Dynamic ordered end of August, should have been delivered end of January, my dealer confirmed yesterday slight delay and new delivery date is set for 4 March. IDD should be installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My DS P200 HSE R-Dynamic ordered end of August, should have been delivered end of January, my dealer confirmed yesterday slight delay and new delivery date is set for 4 March. IDD should be installed.
@jirkakorn Fingers crossed! Finally a non PHEV vehicle gets a date 👏 did you order a vanilla HSE or add any extras?

561 - 580 of 588 Posts