Discovery Sport Forum banner
541 - 560 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
Urban P300 Black no badges
33 Posts
Picked up my car today that I ordered in sept dealer said they have only been allocated 267 cars across both brands for the entire year and they already have orders for 238 of them.
Here is my car really pleased with it. View attachment 11635
View attachment 11636
View attachment 11638
View attachment 11637
Whoo hoo..... at last one in Lantau Bronze! ..... (Very nice @badger64 ) the colour I am considering now they have cancelled the Orange. :rolleyes: Looked everywhere for pictures, as the configurator does not show it well. Looks really really good..... you have made me smile!

Here’s my 2 week old Vanilla Urban P300

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a D200 MHEV Discovery Sport Urban Edition in April 2021 (@ Pentland Edinburgh). Was told at point of order it was likely to be ready September/October 2021. Had an update around September 2021 to advise that they were now quoting up to a 12m wait from 01/09/21 but it was unlikely it would take that long. Just called for an update on the order, the original sales advisor has moved elsewhere, and I was advised the car would not be built before the second half of this year, that LR are only building the plug-in hybrids at the moment, and that these are currently being built in around 6-9m. Looks like i'm going to have to cancel the order and look elsewhere as my beloved Freelander 2 is going to cost me a fortune when the low emission zones kick in from May. I don't know why LR seem to be so impacted, other car manufacturers don't seem to be taking this long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a D200 SE R-Dynamic on order since Apr 2021. Today had the call that all Diesel Disco Sport orders are being cancelled. Hybrids still being built but no indication of lead times. The advisor said that even if my order was to be built it wouldn't be the same PCP price as the finance agreement has expired and APR has gone up since April when ordered. All in all, a shambles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had a D200 SE R-Dynamic on order since Apr 2021. Today had the call that all Diesel Disco Sport orders are being cancelled. Hybrids still being built but no indication of lead times. The advisor said that even if my order was to be built it wouldn't be the same PCP price as the finance agreement has expired and APR has gone up since April when ordered. All in all, a shambles.
It definitely sounds like LR are treating their prospective customers, who have paid deposits and committed to purchase, with a degree of contempt - or at the very least are taking them for granted.
They may well get away with it in the current environment where demand is outstripping supply - but with changes in the market over the next 10 years where other manufacturers are already ahead on the EV journey I’m surprised LR aren’t taking a more customer focussed approach.
irrespective of the manufacturing and supply chain issues they are experiencing their communication is absolutely abysmal!

·
Banned
113 Posts
It definitely sounds like LR are treating their prospective customers, who have paid deposits and committed to purchase, with a degree of contempt - or at the very least are taking them for granted.
They may well get away with it in the current environment where demand is outstripping supply - but with changes in the market over the next 10 years where other manufacturers are already ahead on the EV journey I’m surprised LR aren’t taking a more customer focussed approach.
irrespective of the manufacturing and supply chain issues they are experiencing their communication is absolutely abysmal!
Perhaps if you understood how ALL car manufacturers are being targeted in terms of production, you would have reconsidered your post.

it is your beloved EU that are responsible for the whole damn shambles, a corrupt cartel that we are not even supposed to be part of that are ultimately to blame.

Here is some educational information for you:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Perhaps if you understood how ALL car manufacturers are being targeted in terms of production, you would have reconsidered your post.

it is your beloved EU that are responsible for the whole damn shambles, a corrupt cartel that we are not even supposed to be part of that are ultimately to blame.

Here is some educational information for you:

I have no need to reconsider my post at all! I have a P300e on order. I’ve still not had a single proactive communication from the ordering dealer or my lease company since the order was placed in June.
So far as my reading has informed me the semi conductor issue has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit or the EU - rather it’s the effects of covid triggered demand for electronic equipment, factories burning down and global manufacturing & logistics issues.
I don’t have a love for the EU, and can understand JLR making production decisions in response to the changing regulatory or commercial environment - that’s their obligation to their owners/shareholders and their commercial prerogative.
But to not inform their customers of their decisions and the impacts it has for them is unacceptable, and in the grand scheme of things not particularly difficult to get more or less right! Plenty of other companies have managed to communicate effectively in similar circumstances.

So I stand by my post in its entirety!
Thanks!

·
Banned
113 Posts
You didn’t place your order with Land Rover. You placed it through a leasing company, who in turn will have placed it with a supplying dealer. To suggest that Dealers or anybody else connected with the automotive industry haven‘t known that this was coming for over a year is naive at best.

Your real issue is with the dealer that your Leaseco placed the order with. The dealer will have known the true extent of the problem since last March. Whether they chose to be honest with their customers is another matter altogether, and nothing whatsoever to do with the manufacturer. The semiconductor issue, by and large, is a convenient smokescreen….rather like the “pandemic” is being used to excuse everything else.

A little bit of research would have given you all the answers that you needed a long time ago. I suppose that you will be demanding “com-pen-say-shunnnnnnn” next….

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have no need to reconsider my post at all! I have a P300e on order. I’ve still not had a single proactive communication from the ordering dealer or my lease company since the order was placed in June.
So far as my reading has informed me the semi conductor issue has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit or the EU - rather it’s the effects of covid triggered demand for electronic equipment, factories burning down and global manufacturing & logistics issues.
I don’t have a love for the EU, and can understand JLR making production decisions in response to the changing regulatory or commercial environment - that’s their obligation to their owners/shareholders and their commercial prerogative.
But to not inform their customers of their decisions and the impacts it has for them is unacceptable, and in the grand scheme of things not particularly difficult to get more or less right! Plenty of other companies have managed to communicate effectively in similar circumstances.

So I stand by my post in its entirety!
Thanks!
Oh no, you've expressed a differing opinion :ROFLMAO:. Some on here get all hot under the collar regarding such posts haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
You didn’t place your order with Land Rover. You placed it through a leasing company, who in turn will have placed it with a supplying dealer. To suggest that Dealers or anybody else connected with the automotive industry haven‘t known that this was coming for over a year is naive at best.

Your real issue is with the dealer that your Leaseco placed the order with. The dealer will have known the true extent of the problem since last March. Whether they chose to be honest with their customers is another matter altogether, and nothing whatsoever to do with the manufacturer. The semiconductor issue, by and large, is a convenient smokescreen….rather like the “pandemic” is being used to excuse everything else.

A little bit of research would have given you all the answers that you needed a long time ago. I suppose that you will be demanding “com-pen-say-shunnnnnnn” next….
You do seem to have a strange way to engage! And I have no idea why you’re choosing to argue points I haven’t even made, let alone start to become cantankerous!

I started to reply and take you to task with almost everything you have said - but really I can’t be bothered as I have far better things to do with my time than justify myself to you.

Have an enjoyable evening!

·
Banned
113 Posts
Nothing cantankerous at all about it - if you can’t stand to be corrected then that’s your hard shit!

Irrespective of which manufacturer you placed your order with, you would have found the same problem. The difference is with how the dealers choose to communicate with their customers. In LR’s case, they fall well short, I agree. However, they have an order bank to protect as much as LR themselves do.

Who do YOU think the lack of communication lies with? Asking for a friend…..

·
Banned
113 Posts
Oh no, you've expressed a differing opinion :ROFLMAO:. Some on here get all hot under the collar regarding such posts haha
Not in the slightest. I just prefer to correct ignorance (as you will well remember from 3 years ago)

Opinion is one thing. Dressing it up as fact, and misleading others on here is quite another. That is the sort of behaviour that I would expect from a tabloid journo. But then again, I seem to recall that you believe everything that you read, don’t you? 😜🤣

·
Registered
981 Posts
Not in the slightest. I just prefer to correct ignorance (as you will well remember from 3 years ago)

Opinion is one thing. Dressing it up as fact, and misleading others on here is quite another. That is the sort of behaviour that I would expect from a tabloid journo. But then again, I seem to recall that you believe everything that you read, don’t you? 😜🤣
Oh dear, your Mr I'm Never Wrong lol I'll fetch you a ladder squire...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just my 2 cents, I don't understand why people feel the need to become negatively engaged on these forums. People are are expressing their thoughts, feelings and opinions based on their experience. If you need to reply to them do it in a positive way or there is really no need to reply. My new car experience was also the same as most people, placed order in June, and then was told (and reading the forums) that 12 to 18 Months wait. However, my dealer called me without fail every 3 weeks (see my previous posts), whether to check if I would remove the 360 Camera as that may help, or to say its was still in holding pool with no comms from JLR. I kept it friendly and civil with him (he is not manufacturing the car neither does he not want to make a sale) whilst he told me it other customers on order were having a go at him personally. As soon as he got a car (cancelled order or probably his next demo), he called and offered the car to me which I took delivery off.
Its been interesting in this forum (except for some silly arguments) sometimes helpful and sharing the frustrations and sometimes informative. Landrover are building cars maybe and the Disco sport is popular the chip shortage or order book must be overwhelming (which manufacturer does not want to make sales). either be patient or choose another car, the fact you still waiting says something - rather than getting frustrated seek and alternative or just wait, or maybe change your dealer.
There's no need for me to follow this thread any more so good luck to you, its 2022 be nice to each other (I took the car offered cause life is short).
off to other threads on life with the P300e. ciao

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just my 2 cents, I don't understand why people feel the need to become negatively engaged on these forums. People are are expressing their thoughts, feelings and opinions based on their experience. If you need to reply to them do it in a positive way or there is really no need to reply. My new car experience was also the same as most people, placed order in June, and then was told (and reading the forums) that 12 to 18 Months wait. However, my dealer called me without fail every 3 weeks (see my previous posts), whether to check if I would remove the 360 Camera as that may help, or to say its was still in holding pool with no comms from JLR. I kept it friendly and civil with him (he is not manufacturing the car neither does he not want to make a sale) whilst he told me it other customers on order were having a go at him personally. As soon as he got a car (cancelled order or probably his next demo), he called and offered the car to me which I took delivery off.
Its been interesting in this forum (except for some silly arguments) sometimes helpful and sharing the frustrations and sometimes informative. Landrover are building cars maybe and the Disco sport is popular the chip shortage or order book must be overwhelming (which manufacturer does not want to make sales). either be patient or choose another car, the fact you still waiting says something - rather than getting frustrated seek and alternative or just wait, or maybe change your dealer.
There's no need for me to follow this thread any more so good luck to you, its 2022 be nice to each other (I took the car offered cause life is short).
Just read and made some poor grammar errors (but get the gist)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well I’m rarely wrong, as unlike you, I research to the enth degree a topic before opening my trap.

Whereas you swallow any old waffle. Meridian component system anyone? 🤣

Perhaps you could climb one of the items that you sell, and fall off when you get to the very top! Here’s hoping…
Wishing people get hurt just highlights what type of person you are. There's no need for it!

Reactions: Paul41

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thankfully the majority of forum members are friendly and helpful without the harsh and judgemental replies we see from a couple of individuals.

Reactions: MarkAB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apart from the one i've read is there anyone else that has had there diesel order cancelled. my dealer as not heard anything about this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I put an order in for a diesel in late aug i was told by dealer it couldn't be fulfilled and said if I wanted a discovery sport in the short to medium term my best option was the p300e, which I got within 3 months.

Reactions: MarkAB

·
Registered
16 Posts
It seems the dealers have all been told different things, we placed an order early September and this wasn't mention only that its a wait time of 12 months

541 - 560 of 588 Posts