Discovery Sport Forum banner
521 - 540 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello. I’ve found myself here as I’m wondering if everyone is experiencing the same painful delays as me
i ordered a new discovery sport in May 21, and I’m still awaiting a build date.
Latest as of 3 days ago is that they are currently waiting to see which vehicles will be going to build on the current manufacturing run (22MY) and which orders will be moved to the next manufacturing run (23MY).
Yes I ha e the same issue as you ordered mine end of May 21 d200 urban edition. No build date for it at all and my dealer has no idea of a build date

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes I ha e the same issue as you ordered mine end of May 21 d200 urban edition. No build date for it at all and my dealer has no idea of a build date
There is a spreadsheet somewhere in this thread listing what is/isn't being built - it's probably out of date now but they were only building P300e models at the time (more profit/less CO² fines) and some options (e.g. 3D camera) would prevent a build slot being allocated. Ordered mine early June, delivered late December.

Reactions: nedkinson

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good afternoon everyone. I've just joined (after 15 years on Freel2 - see other post)..... I have been watching this thread for...well since page 1 I think! So time to introduce, and put what I know.

Ordered a P300e in August (HSE, a few options, 3D Camera and the fabulous/[potentially divisive!] Namib Orange)...got the story could be up to 12 months etc. So we got over that disappointment, and sat tight. (given my current car is a 2007 Freelander 2 that I have had from new) so a few more months of waiting is not the end of the world, especially in these challenging times. We knew PHEV's were being prioritised, so there was little we could do to speed that up....and I have waited too long to remove my desire for some new toys from the options list!

All OK, until the somewhat unexpected spec change. Clearly Land Rover are struggling with their suppliers etc., and are trying to find ways to maximise production across all models. So, I got the call from my dealer (this is a direct dealership, no leasing companies etc....and it's a multi site LR dealership, so I suspect they get as good as it gets info from LR). Thus the info I have from the dealer on 22nd Dec was as follows:

- LR told them that all non-build-slot allocated orders were to be cancelled (i.e. those in holding pools). So if you had an order (MY22), but was not scheduled for build, then it would not get built...ever.
  • MY 23 production was imminent (sounds crazy but MY23 Defender is already in production in Q4 2021!)
  • I am now "invited" to book a new order on the new specification/options (and in my case, after much sole searching - colour!)
  • My "new order"....will be linked to the previous order for prioritisation. I.e. not loosing my place in the queue
  • Price - Fir me it feels I am back to square 1 with negotiation, as my original car/order/spec will never be built (clearly for some people, with the ability to do a direct match, then negotiating from a slightly stronger position)...but at the end of the day, the orders are still being rebooked from LR at the new price (but of course we don't know what new incentives the dealers have! ;) )...so our sympathy only goes so far!

So, I am somewhat resigned to the situation, in essence, I am having to loose the 3D camera (disappointing)...... loose the IDD (Driver display)...... VERY disappointing....get a few extra's I'm not bothered about (e.g. surround sound).....and probably have to pay a bit more for it. But if I want a new DS, then I have no choice, its a seller market, and they can sell everyone they build without issue. I'm not a fan of the mixed dials (looks a bit of a "mash up" with the speedo/rev counter)..... but it's also not "going back to 2013" (as the centre area is far more feature rich)....and I don't really buy the impact on residuals either, as there will in all probability be no IDD models built for 18 months (or ever on the current design) - as LR try to rationalise the number of different parts/supplier/components they are using.

So for me, I either have to keep with it, and enjoy it for what it is/will be (i.e. a massive step up from my beloved Freelander).....look for something else (can't find anything that really interests me....for this kind of price/size)..... or keep my Freelander for another 2-3 years and then get the next generation DS (think due late 24/early 25). Thus, for me, I'm sticking with it....(I'll probably want to change in 2026 anyway - not keeping a PHEV out of warranty with all that complexity!) ........but I must say it's interesting reading all the different stories and interpretations from dealers/suppliers...and then the wave of mixed emotions and reactions.

My only hope out of all of this, is that my new car, turns out to be as fabulously reliable as my Freelander (which other than the infamous rear differential issue)...and a loose plug on the dashboard electrics (traced to not being pushed in fully by manufacturing 10 years previously and fixed by cable tie)....has given us 15 years trouble free service........and as a long standing LR owner, I know I am in the minority.....but also, the majority of us love the cars, and would still be another one! (if only they could make them...... 😂😂😂😂)

·
Registered
9 Posts
First post, wanted to share my experience of trying to order a new DS.
Ordered a R-DYNAMIC S PLUS P200 early May, with estimated delivery date of end of July.
When I asked for an update at the start of July I was told my order had been cancelled as the P200 spec had been withdrawn.
I was told I would need to choose from the currently available models and would loose my place in the build queue.
Ordered an URBAN EDITION D200 early August, with estimated delivery date of end of December.
Looking at the posts in this thread, now looks like I could be waiting another 12 months or more?
Currently wondering if a different model might have a chance of being built sooner?
I cancelled my order a few weeks ago as I was beginning to doubt if I would ever get a build slot. The information on this thread has been excellent, but I feel Land Rover could have done more to keep customers informed. I will continue to follow this forum, as I still hope to own a DS at some point in the future when things eventually return to more like normal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good afternoon everyone. I've just joined (after 15 years on Freel2 - see other post)..... I have been watching this thread for...well since page 1 I think! So time to introduce, and put what I know.

Ordered a P300e in August (HSE, a few options, 3D Camera and the fabulous/[potentially divisive!] Namib Orange)...got the story could be up to 12 months etc. So we got over that disappointment, and sat tight. (given my current car is a 2007 Freelander 2 that I have had from new) so a few more months of waiting is not the end of the world, especially in these challenging times. We knew PHEV's were being prioritised, so there was little we could do to speed that up....and I have waited too long to remove my desire for some new toys from the options list!

All OK, until the somewhat unexpected spec change. Clearly Land Rover are struggling with their suppliers etc., and are trying to find ways to maximise production across all models. So, I got the call from my dealer (this is a direct dealership, no leasing companies etc....and it's a multi site LR dealership, so I suspect they get as good as it gets info from LR). Thus the info I have from the dealer on 22nd Dec was as follows:

- LR told them that all non-build-slot allocated orders were to be cancelled (i.e. those in holding pools). So if you had an order (MY22), but was not scheduled for build, then it would not get built...ever.
  • MY 23 production was imminent (sounds crazy but MY23 Defender is already in production in Q4 2021!)
  • I am now "invited" to book a new order on the new specification/options (and in my case, after much sole searching - colour!)
  • My "new order"....will be linked to the previous order for prioritisation. I.e. not loosing my place in the queue
  • Price - Fir me it feels I am back to square 1 with negotiation, as my original car/order/spec will never be built (clearly for some people, with the ability to do a direct match, then negotiating from a slightly stronger position)...but at the end of the day, the orders are still being rebooked from LR at the new price (but of course we don't know what new incentives the dealers have! ;) )...so our sympathy only goes so far!

So, I am somewhat resigned to the situation, in essence, I am having to loose the 3D camera (disappointing)...... loose the IDD (Driver display)...... VERY disappointing....get a few extra's I'm not bothered about (e.g. surround sound).....and probably have to pay a bit more for it. But if I want a new DS, then I have no choice, its a seller market, and they can sell everyone they build without issue. I'm not a fan of the mixed dials (looks a bit of a "mash up" with the speedo/rev counter)..... but it's also not "going back to 2013" (as the centre area is far more feature rich)....and I don't really buy the impact on residuals either, as there will in all probability be no IDD models built for 18 months (or ever on the current design) - as LR try to rationalise the number of different parts/supplier/components they are using.

So for me, I either have to keep with it, and enjoy it for what it is/will be (i.e. a massive step up from my beloved Freelander).....look for something else (can't find anything that really interests me....for this kind of price/size)..... or keep my Freelander for another 2-3 years and then get the next generation DS (think due late 24/early 25). Thus, for me, I'm sticking with it....(I'll probably want to change in 2026 anyway - not keeping a PHEV out of warranty with all that complexity!) ........but I must say it's interesting reading all the different stories and interpretations from dealers/suppliers...and then the wave of mixed emotions and reactions.

My only hope out of all of this, is that my new car, turns out to be as fabulously reliable as my Freelander (which other than the infamous rear differential issue)...and a loose plug on the dashboard electrics (traced to not being pushed in fully by manufacturing 10 years previously and fixed by cable tie)....has given us 15 years trouble free service........and as a long standing LR owner, I know I am in the minority.....but also, the majority of us love the cars, and would still be another one! (if only they could make them...... 😂😂😂😂)
To be honest I don't really care now I'd just like to have a definite answer from my dealer so I can get my deposit back and move on

·
Registered
166 Posts
The potential delays, changes to the model line up and loss of key features...together with the loss of the savings from the suspension of the affinity programme...I looked elsewhere.

I ordered one of the new British built Qashqais in August and it arrived Dec. A nice petrol Tekna auto with AWD. Very impressed with it. Has all the bells and whistles like heads up display, IDD, heated seats, heated steering wheel and a list price of around £37k before discount. Very accomplished ride quality.

I wanted a DS but with the lack of the spec I wanted, lack of availability, and the price hikes it wasn't to be this time around. I saved a shed load too and well under the £40k stupid car tax levy.

I'm not a serious off-roader but the QQ seems to do all I need at the present time. Maybe back to LR in 3 years time?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The potential delays, changes to the model line up and loss of key features...together with the loss of the savings from the suspension of the affinity programme...I looked elsewhere.

I ordered one of the new British built Qashqais in August and it arrived Dec. A nice petrol Tekna auto with AWD. Very impressed with it. Has all the bells and whistles like heads up display, IDD, heated seats, heated steering wheel and a list price of around £37k before discount. Very accomplished ride quality.

I wanted a DS but with the lack of the spec I wanted, lack of availability, and the price hikes it wasn't to be this time around. I saved a shed load too and well under the £40k stupid car tax levy.

I'm not a serious off-roader but the QQ seems to do all I need at the present time. Maybe back to LR in 3 years time?
@Wensleydale from a complete stop, when you put your foot down does the QQ respond with instant power? My GLE does (which is to be traded for the DS if/when it gets built). I test drove a Jag F Pace diesel right before the DS and the Jag was a load of rubbish to pull away - took forever to respond - the dealer laughed and said the Jag was for more of an older gentleman who is happy to drive at a slower pace. Where I live I need instant power when getting out onto a 70mph road from a 40mph road (usually, due to cars on the 70 road I have to come to a complete stop before finding a safe place in the traffic to pull out)

·
Registered
765 Posts
@townsmpc, had a fully electric F pace a couple of months ago whilst mine in for annual service, went like shi**t off a shovel when you put your foot down🚴三

·
Registered
981 Posts

I don't blame you. Regardless how much I wanted a particular vehicle, if the lead-time is heading towards 12 months and would also mean not having the exact spec I wanted, I'd have to look elsewhere. While all manufacturers are struggling due to the ongoing chip shortage, some seem to be struggling far more than others.

·
Registered
166 Posts
@Wensleydale from a complete stop, when you put your foot down does the QQ respond with instant power? My GLE does (which is to be traded for the DS if/when it gets built). I test drove a Jag F Pace diesel right before the DS and the Jag was a load of rubbish to pull away - took forever to respond - the dealer laughed and said the Jag was for more of an older gentleman who is happy to drive at a slower pace. Where I live I need instant power when getting out onto a 70mph road from a 40mph road (usually, due to cars on the 70 road I have to come to a complete stop before finding a safe place in the traffic to pull out)
Yes it does....the mild hybrid bit gives it a kick up the wotsits and it moves pretty quick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes it does....the mild hybrid bit gives it a kick up the wotsits and it moves pretty quick
Thanks @Wensleydale - might just have to have a look at the QQ as I’m just waiting for LR to call with cancellation on the D200 HSE. Is 360 cameras an option and matrix headlights on QQ?

@County the Mrs won’t entertain any full electric car - when doing a family round trip we are looking at 250 odd miles so having to stop for half hour to juice up again isn’t an option for now with range anxiety. I would have loved to test drive a Jag full electric though

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks @Wensleydale - might just have to have a look at the QQ as I’m just waiting for LR to call with cancellation on the D200 HSE. Is 360 cameras an option and matrix headlights on QQ?
360 cameras are standard from N-Connecta upwards. Adaptive headlights are standard Tekna and above

Options are limited at the present time so that those grades that have it standard get the components they need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I'll give LR until end of January for some kind of build date, or I'm cancelling my d200 urban. Just a pity the used car prices are crazy or I may have cancelled sooner. I ordered mine on a deal for £38000, let's see if they honour that price.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think I'll give LR until end of January for some kind of build date, or I'm cancelling my d200 urban. Just a pity the used car prices are crazy or I may have cancelled sooner. I ordered mine on a deal for £38000, let's see if they honour that price.
Good luck🍀.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good Evening
I had my dealer this morning. he tells me that my car will be manufactured on the 19th. But I have a doubt because it has the surround cameras, the HUD and other extras ... it's a P200 Flexfuel
the car was ordered end of May with delivery in Novembre
Finally my car is here
full spec :
HUD : ok
3d Cameras :OK
I'm very Happy:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
bit of a long one...
So got a call from my dealer on late last Friday, they have received a P300e Urban Edition in Carpathian Grey and wanted to know if I wanted it. (my order P300e R dynamic SE in Portifino Blue placed in June 2021 is still in holding pool). Only difference in spec was colour and no interactive driver display -IDD (which was standard on my SE but seems will be an extra on all models except HSE). Anyway he says no one will get IDD anytime soon (not sure what to believe anymore), also I never looked at the Urban edition so I guess exterior features only diff from the r-dynamic range. Also lost my discount (which I got through car wow from this dealer for this Urban edition.) He offer had a time limit as he had 20 more people on his books who he would then offer it to.
Now I have looked at similar Phev SUV on other brands (notwithstanding all the negative feedback on JLR reliability etc.etc. but most of the professional reviews on what car, parkers etc. say this Disco sport PHEV is an excellent car), Volvo, BMW, Audi and dont really "feel it".
So I have decided to take it - (not sure with the latest on the pandemic if the semi-conductor issue will get worse and we wont see new cars for a while yet.)

With the second hand car value going up - I have got a higher offer on my current merc that offsets the difference I am losing on taking this model so price kind of evens out. only thing I am really sad is the IDD and the other is the interior DuoLeather seats (oyster and black), not sure why anyone would choose that as an interior (the expanse dash is almost white - can you imagine just a splash of coffee or wine on it - would drive me nuts.)

If all well will pick up the car on Friday Xmas eve. Will keep posted.
Hi All and Happy New Year. I have been following this forum since I placed my order back in June and its been interesting - mainly on the frustrations and all the uncertainty. My previous posts explain my order and then the updates from my dealer. Last post was when dealer called me on 17 Dec and told me about the car he had coming in and offered it to me (obviously with different to my order from Portofino blue P300e SE, to this Carpathian Grey P300e Urban Edition - minus the 360 Camera and IDD). Although I was not desperate for the car, life is short :) so I decided to take it and took delivery on 24 Dec (x-mas eve) (also dealer honoured my discount that I got from Car Wow). Although IDD would look great the dials are not that bad to be honest (they not large sticking out Binacles rather flat to the surface and the map fits neatly in the middle of the odo and rev counter). This is my first SUV and I must say its huge inside and the glass roof makes it seem even bigger inside). have only done 100 miles since and am pleased with it so far (takes a bit getting used to the silence on EV mode have to check the rev counter to check if the ICE has kicked in), cant even feel the gear changes and quick smooth take off from standstill.
The dash is very neat and well built and feels solid. Setting up apple car play took a few seconds, and the remote app a minute and is useful. Since it all happened so fast getting my home charger during Xmas week was going to be a challenge anyway I have ordered the Zappi 2 home charger (since I have solar panels) (after reading another thread on here on home chargers), to be installed next week 10th. Been charging at Tesco which is about 2 miles from me (easy with the podpoint app) full charge cost around 2.38 pounds.
Am looking foward to doing some long trips and will post some updates when I do. I know its a pain with all the delays etc. but as I said before the alternative brands I did not find exciting enough (especially with LR offroad capability and pricing of BMW, Audi etc.). I intend to go full electric after this (tesla model Y is top of list) once the public charging infrastructure is improved in the UK).
Good luck to those waiting - hope you get what you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Picked up my car today that I ordered in sept. dealer said they have only been allocated 267 cars across both brands for the entire year and they already have orders for 238 of them.
Here is my car really pleased with it.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Tire

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whoo hoo..... at last one in Lantau Bronze! ..... (Very nice @badger64 ) the colour I am considering now they have cancelled the Orange. :rolleyes: Looked everywhere for pictures, as the configurator does not show it well. Looks really really good..... you have made me smile!

Reactions: badger64
521 - 540 of 588 Posts