Discovery Sport Forum banner
341 - 360 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was told my order from March (which had already been converted from MY21 to MY22 back in June) is now obsolete and won't move to build status because they have made a decision not to proceed with any MY22 builds. I am still theoretically in the "queue" in terms of order preference (subject to availability of applicable parts) but IF they decide to go ahead with a MY23 design, it will need to be a new order based on a new configurator etc and I will still hold an advanced queue position. The key issue for me was that there was no indication of when that decision would be, the dealer (of his own opinion) suggested it may be mid 2022 - and then of course attract a new lead time which would be at least 3 months assuming parts availability at that time.
Any opinions of converting the order to an F-Pace (D200) - I seem to be able to build a similar spec for about £2k more compared to the R-Dynamic HSE Discovery Sport D200?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any opinions of converting the order to an F-Pace (D200) - I seem to be able to build a similar spec for about £2k more compared to the R-Dynamic HSE Discovery Sport D200?
I drove an F-Pace when they first came out and wasn't that impressed compared to my 1st-gen XF - and the F-Pace felt big even though it is roughly the same size as the DS. No doubt Jaguar have incrementally improved it since launch but if a PHEV DS (which are still in production AFAIK) doesn't suit your usage then I would probably be looking at a Tarraco or similar - dull but competent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was told my order from March (which had already been converted from MY21 to MY22 back in June) is now obsolete and won't move to build status because they have made a decision not to proceed with any MY22 builds. I am still theoretically in the "queue" in terms of order preference (subject to availability of applicable parts) but IF they decide to go ahead with a MY23 design, it will need to be a new order based on a new configurator etc and I will still hold an advanced queue position. The key issue for me was that there was no indication of when that decision would be, the dealer (of his own opinion) suggested it may be mid 2022 - and then of course attract a new lead time which would be at least 3 months assuming parts availability at that time.
I would be interested to better understand the queueing system. My first order for a P200 was cancelled, and I was told I would need to start again from scratch. Have now been waiting for a D200 Urban since beginning of August, and now looks like there is no chance of it being built for at least another 12 months, if ever. How do you know you are keeping your place in the queue if you were to choose a different model again?
I would also be keen to hear thoughts of an F-Pace as an alternative, as not sure about a hybrid DS at the moment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting. I got off the line with my dealer now who confirmed that MY22 non-PHEV - no new orders being taken as you mentioned. However he said that my order (placed end of May D165 UE) was still in queue but without a build date and hasn't been cancelled. I asked specifically whether he had been informed from HQ that no more MY22 would be built and that wasn't in line with his information. My order was pretty simple with no further additions outside the UE spec - I'm wondering now whether that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the queuing system is fluid and dependant upon availability of parts for your specific build, I’m not holding my breath that I am still in any queue. There always appears to be a different twist from dealer to dealer, whether that is deliberate or otherwise, who knows. On the Jaguar website the delivery time for F Pace says 6 to 9 months, I was told in reality is is more like 3 to 6 months, but I wouldn’t trust either, especially as there are many shared components with the Discovery Sport. I will probably look for a test drive and see if I like it……who would have thought buying a new car would be so difficult.

Reactions: mstone

·
Registered
104 Posts
I assume the D200 F Pace doesn’t suffer from the oil dilution issues of the pre MHEV Discovery Sport…..?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting. I got off the line with my dealer now who confirmed that MY22 non-PHEV - no new orders being taken as you mentioned. However he said that my order (placed end of May D165 UE) was still in queue but without a build date and hasn't been cancelled. I asked specifically whether he had been informed from HQ that no more MY22 would be built and that wasn't in line with his information. My order was pretty simple with no further additions outside the UE spec - I'm wondering now whether that has something to do with it.
Same here. Called my dealership and they haven’t had a message from head office saying MY22 won’t be built. In fact, they have had some cars taken into build queue in the last couple of days. He did confirm that 2 weeks ago LR put a block on new DS D200 orders being placed as they have enough on backlog that they want to complete before allowing the queue to grow.
My order is for a D200 R-Dynamic HSE with a few additional options (tech pack, dynamic handling pack, front fogs, surround cams, heated rear seats). Dealer advised that the my order is still valid and LR have built cars with these options recently. Just everything is going slow

·
Registered
170 Posts
Same here. Called my dealership and they haven’t had a message from head office saying MY22 won’t be built. In fact, they have had some cars taken into build queue in the last couple of days. He did confirm that 2 weeks ago LR put a block on new DS D200 orders being placed as they have enough on backlog that they want to complete before allowing the queue to grow.
My order is for a D200 R-Dynamic HSE with a few additional options (tech pack, dynamic handling pack, front fogs, surround cams, heated rear seats). Dealer advised that the my order is still valid and LR have built cars with these options recently. Just everything is going slow
Surround cameras and Tech Pack (since it contains HUD) will result in the build being rejected. It’s been communicated officially earlier in this thread and confirmed by many others. It will get built eventually, but there will be a huge delay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surround cameras and Tech Pack (since it contains HUD) will result in the build being rejected. It’s been communicated officially earlier in this thread and confirmed by many others. It will get built eventually, but there will be a huge delay.
thanks for that. I wasn’t aware. When I asked the dealer today he said none of my options would push the build back. I’m happy (relatively) to drop HUD so can drop the tech pack (would wireless charge be something that can go on ok?) but the surround cameras are definitely something I want - got it on my GLE Premium Plus and use them all the time. Hopefully dropping tech pack should help bump the build slightly compared to 2 items to cause a rejection?

·
Registered
170 Posts
thanks for that. I wasn’t aware. When I asked the dealer today he said none of my options would push the build back. I’m happy (relatively) to drop HUD so can drop the tech pack (would wireless charge be something that can go on ok?) but the surround cameras are definitely something I want - got it on my GLE Premium Plus and use them all the time. Hopefully dropping tech pack should help bump the build slightly compared to 2 items to cause a rejection?
No issues with wireless charging AFAIK. If you keep the surround camera then it won’t get built; it isn’t a matter of removing some of the restricted options to allow the build to progress, you need to remove all of them.

Here’s the info from LR;
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/attachments/picture1-png.11333/
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

·
Registered
38 Posts
No issues with wireless charging AFAIK. If you keep the surround camera then it won’t get built; it isn’t a matter of removing some of the restricted options to allow the build to progress, you need to remove all of them.

Here’s the info from LR;
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/attachments/picture1-png.11333/ View attachment 11521
As mentioned earlier, my DS p300e is delivered a few weeks ago with the surround camera as ordered. So it ‘s not that they don’t build any car with surround cam. Well, at least not until a few weeks ago, when I see the above list, it seems impossible now. HUD on the other hand was impossible, I had to remove that option…

·
Registered
170 Posts
As mentioned earlier, my DS p300e is delivered a few weeks ago with the surround camera as ordered. So it ‘s not that they don’t build any car with surround cam. Well, at least not until a few weeks ago, when I see the above list, it seems impossible now. HUD on the other hand was impossible, I had to remove that option…
If I remember correctly, your order was a MY21 which had to be changed to a MY22? The surround cameras were a standard feature for MY21 and were changed to an option in MY22 so they will have tried to match the spec from the model year changes using the little semiconductor supply that was available.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If I remember correctly, your order was a MY21 which had to be changed to a MY22? The surround cameras were a standard feature for MY21 and were changed to an option in MY22 so they will have tried to match the spec from the model year changes using the little semiconductor supply that was available.
That’s correct, they matched the specs of the MY21 I initially ordered with the surround camera and clearview mirror.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool. Thanks for that. Will Definitely be dropping the Tech pack on Monday with the dealer. I would rather the car be delayed because of 1 option than 2. I figure if they see a car in the queue with 2 options on the no go list the odds of it coming through are worse than a car with one no go. Might still get the ClearSight added along with the wireless charger with phone booster - although Im not 100% sure about the wireless charger. Yes it would be nice to be wireless but I’m trying to find if anyone has experienced a DS with and without the phone booster to understand if it makes much difference to mobile reception

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a quick question. I ordered a disco sport s plus in mid April, the dealership rang me to say they weren’t making the s plus and would I like to change it to the urban, I said that was ok, but when I recently visited the dealership for a update I noticed they had cancelled my April order and reordered the urban, I now have a order date of 25th June. Is this right or should I have kept my April position in the queue. Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't pay too much attention to your build date, my p300e had a date of June 22 butgot an email last month saying it was being built early Dec and would be with dealer by end of month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems to be forever changing info from dealers,
Had a conversation today and been advised my22 builds are now starting to stop as my23 discovery sport production will be starting hopefully before the end of the year

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had a conversation today and been advised my22 builds are now starting to stop as my23 discovery sport production will be starting hopefully before the end of the year
MY23 will start end of 2021? What’s the reason for this? What will be the changes wrt MY22? I assume they will further reduce the number of variants?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked my dealer the exact same thing on Friday regarding MY23 and if head office have told them anything. He said LR won’t be changing to MY23 until middle of next year

·
Registered
170 Posts
What they probably meant was that any order placed now would probably be delivered in MY23 timeframe ie; September 2022.

MY changes in spec are announced/released in May and the build/deliveries begin around September.

341 - 360 of 425 Posts