Discovery Sport Forum banner
281 - 282 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think it's been previously mentioned that manufacturers are concentrating on vehicles with the highest margin in at these difficult times (I.e. Range Rovers). It's frustrating, but if you were running an automotive manufacturing business with limited component supply, what wou,d you concentrate on? A 10k margin car or a 70k one?
I mentioned earlier in this thread I think it was, that it isn’t quite that simple - since JLR now get fined per unit for every vehicle over a certain CO2 emissions threshold that they sell. Throw into the matter that Evoques and Discovery Sport account for more than 50% of all LR sales and the decision to only sell the bigger cars becomes questionable.

There is no way that LR are making £70k profit on a RR by the way, it’s more like 15-20% of list per vehicle if they’re lucky. £50k DS = £7.5k / £100k RR = £15k then apply that to the higher volumes of lower margin vehicles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It should arrive at the dealer this week, didn't hear anything yet. Then some paperwork with leasing company, so I expect it to receive within a week or two. As soon as I have more news I let it know here on the forum! Is in Belgium, but I can't imagine they install 3D cams for Belgium only :)
Just a little reminder, still interested to hear back on your experience Iseki3217, thanks

281 - 282 of 282 Posts