Discovery Sport Forum banner
261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Edgy said:
Final little note from my agent when asked if i could add in the 3d camera that JLR revomved from standard spec of MY22...

This would result in loosing the current slot, there is a 12-16 months waiting list for new build dates, and those are without the 3D surround camera.
They're almost right. The car will be unslotted if you have 3D surround, HUD, cabin air purification or (apparently) automatic tow bar specified. It would go back into the holding pool until the camera modules are available again but this time is unknown - personally I can't see it going on past Q3 2022. P300e are on a 9-12 month lead from new (as confirmed in the spreadsheet of doom posted earlier in this thread).

·
Registered
20 Posts
It should arrive at the dealer this week, didn't hear anything yet. Then some paperwork with leasing company, so I expect it to receive within a week or two. As soon as I have more news I let it know here on the forum! Is in Belgium, but I can't imagine they install 3D cams for Belgium only :)
I think a 3D surround camera would be very useful on the Antwerpen ring! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my disco sport s plus D200 back in April, I was given a 3 week delivery date. I asked if I could change the wheels 1 week after order but was told the car was already built. I was then told their were delays and my new delivery was 2 July. I put 1 option on the S Plus, 2 USB's in rear for kids iPads etc. Because I refuse to pay more than 40k and pay £500 road tax I only do 6k a year. I was then told the car had been swapped for the urban. I asked for a breakdown on the costs and spec of my order. I only received them last week 2 months after asking, to find they have transferred the rear USB's onto the urban taking it over 40k. So instead of paying £100 for the option the real cost would have been £100+£1750 extra road tax, expensive USB's. still waiting for the car, no corespondents from dealer or Land Rover. The removal of the surround camera situation is interesting because if Land Rover aren't willing to discount, what happens when you decide to part exchange your car in a few years, is the 2021 car everyone avoids and is valued less. Thanks for listening. Steve.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Coola1968. said:
So instead of paying £100 for the option the real cost would have been £100+£1750 extra road tax, expensive USB's. still waiting for the car, no corespondents from dealer or Land Rover. The removal of the surround camera situation is interesting because if Land Rover aren't willing to discount, what happens when you decide to part exchange your car in a few years, is the 2021 car everyone avoids and is valued less. Thanks for listening. Steve.
I think you would be very lucky if Land Rover or dealer will pay your out of pocket costs.
They know they can sell every car they get right now.

If you can wait until next year for your new DS, you could ask the dealer if they will buy the Urban car off you for more than list price, and you re-order the car you really wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a DS standard wheelbase D165 FWD Manual during mid May with just under £3,000 extra for some factory fitted options. I was told to expect the car on first day of September. I know it's not the most expensive Land Rover but even so I've not heard anything from dealer for nearly two months. Can anybody advise me when can I seriously expect to take delivery of this car. Thankyou.

·
Registered
858 Posts
1/not aware of expression "standard wheelbase"
2/ didn't know you could still get manual cars.
3/ You need to be proactive with dealers, don't just wait for them!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mikes said:
I ordered a DS standard wheelbase D165 FWD Manual during mid May with just under £3,000 extra for some factory fitted options. I was told to expect the car on first day of September. I know it's not the most expensive Land Rover but even so I've not heard anything from dealer for nearly two months. Can anybody advise me when can I seriously expect to take delivery of this car. Thankyou.
What did they say to you two months ago?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just this morning noted more 'slippage' has been added on to the build date, from 22/10 to 29/10... this time with less than two weeks to build…!

I know JLR are encountering difficulties but a confirmed build schedule is a confirmed build schedule, this would seem to border on programming incompetence. Following the last 'slippage' I had been informed that the build date would now be respected.

Without knowing when the car can realistically expect to be manufactured, there comes the inveitable question of how long does one hold on or cancel, just is a difficult question after sooo long waiting! Gurrrrr

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think Land Rover have been a disgrace with dealerships and customers. My friend ordered a Mercedes A class they have kept him informed weekly until he took delivery. I'm giving Land Rover until February before I cancel mine and look for something used. I have a caravan lost all holidays last year I'm not losing them this year.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wondering how all this "slippage in delivery" affects the agreed trade in price for your old cars?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yet another reply from my agent possibly of interest for those still hanging on for their new car...

Honestly I do not know exactly why they have changed the build date, but you were not the only one, as I had two other clients who also had 22nd Oct and now have 29th Oct.

I suppose it has to do with the below data I have received, seems like they stopped production for week 41 which has probably had a knock on effect with orders scheduled for week 42 now having been put on week 43.

(sorry i dont see how to upload the image file...

·
Registered
10 Posts

Image accompanying above msg.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
ajmorr.is said:
Mikes said:
I was told there would be a delay, a few weeks, because they were waiting on semi-conductor chips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mikes said:
ajmorr.is said:
Mikes said:
I was told there would be a delay, a few weeks, because they were waiting on semi-conductor chips.
Strange you're not yourself hassling the dealer... am all over mine like a rash ;-) Considering you ordered approx same time as me (i was early May), i doubt you should be expecting anything prior to the end of October as indicated above.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mikes said:
ajmorr.is said:
Mikes said:
OK, so that was presumably around early August and would make your new delivery date sometime towards the middle of September. When that date was coming up or had passed, did you get in touch with them to ask when it would be delivered? If not, then why not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds all too familiar!

When you challenge the dealership over broken promises over build slots all you receive is very abrupt responses. I even dared to ask about a loan vehicle to cover the gap in vehicle I now have as a result of that new delay.
If I had been told the delay was down to the plant production being put on hold I'd had been more forgiving. This semi conductor story just doesn't wash anymore as the numbers should have been factored in when build slots were confirmed.
Let's see if they stick to the 3 week delay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know about Halewood but when I went to see my first XF being built at Castle Bromwich, the first Jaguar employee to handle any bought-in components was the one fixing it to the car. Parts supply to the lineside was done by one of the big parcel companies, I think it was DHL or Fedex. The point being that's all fine and dandy under normal circumstances but currently it puts an extra layer of unpredictability into component deliveries and communications. I don't envy JLR's production managers at the moment.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can't believe people are not more understanding given the worldwide issues with semiconductors, key components like steel and glass, together with the added issues of a UK and europe-wide shortage of truck drivers. The unpredictability of deliveries seriously hampers any production let alone just in time like car manufacturers use. Remember most plants are car assembly plants where they assemble components that have come from elsewhere. Not like Longbridge where raw materials came in one end and a completed car came out the other.

JLR, and all the car companies are in the business to build cars for their dealers to selll...however external factors outside of their control mean they can't. They don't make money unless they build and sell cars...why would they choose to not build a car? They wouldn't!

Patience is a virtue that few seem to have these days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wensleydale said:
Can't believe people are not more understanding given the worldwide issues with semiconductors, key components like steel and glass, together with the added issues of a UK and europe-wide shortage of truck drivers. The unpredictability of deliveries seriously hampers any production let alone just in time like car manufacturers use. Remember most plants are car assembly plants where they assemble components that have come from elsewhere. Not like Longbridge where raw materials came in one end and a completed car came out the other.

JLR, and all the car companies are in the business to build cars for their dealers to selll...however external factors outside of their control mean they can't. They don't make money unless they build and sell cars...why would they choose to not build a car? They wouldn't!

Patience is a virtue that few seem to have these days.
I am aware of 'just in time' production and of the current many difficulties, however it's hard to understand how jlr cannot schedule more than 2 weeks ahead… also the c hanging of specs autocratically is kinda outrageous

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it's been previously mentioned that manufacturers are concentrating on vehicles with the highest margin in at these difficult times (I.e. Range Rovers). It's frustrating, but if you were running an automotive manufacturing business with limited component supply, what wou,d you concentrate on? A 10k margin car or a 70k one?

261 - 280 of 282 Posts