Discovery Sport Forum banner
241 - 260 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the dreaded, but inevitable, call on Saturday to inform me that my P290 Black which was ordered in April will now carry a lead time of 12 months from September. My order has never been allocated a build slot so the 12 months is worse case scenario, I can only hope that my order is high enough up the list when they start to allocate space to the P290 models. I was hoping that the 12 month lead time was only for orders placed after September 1st but this does not appear to be the case and they will not be clearing the old orders on P290 models.

Option to cancel and get my deposit back but decided to wait. I may as well be somewhere in the que for the car I want rather than at the back of a que for my second choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a D200 R-Dynamic at the end of May, added a few extras, with an estimated delivery of between September-December. I've contacted the dealer a few times for an update but received nothing but the reported up to 12 month delay. I have said I'd be happy to switch to the P300e if that speeds the build up - never looked at the hybrid but seems a good choice for the daily work commute (less than 10 miles a day), anyone got some real life experience with this engine?

Anyone had a update of any use from the Aberdeen(Scotland) dealer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
shoots86 said:
.... I have said I'd be happy to switch to the P300e if that speeds the build up - never looked at the hybrid but seems a good choice for the daily work commute (less than 10 miles a day), anyone got some real life experience with this engine?
Not much as I'm still waiting for mine - but I did have a 60-odd mile test drive over the North York Moors in the P300e, then subsequently had an Evoque D165 service loan car for several days.

The P300e drivetrain was very impressive in just about every way. On light throttle you really needed to check the tacho to confirm whether the petrol engine had cut in, and under brisk acceleration I found the muted 3-cylinder thrum more pleasant than a droning 4-cylinder (like my Jaguar XF). And there is certainly more than adequate performance, allied to the instant response from the electric motor.

The Aisin 8-speed gearbox was responsive but unobtrusive, I didn't notice any of the "dithering" which I've experienced with the ZF boxes in both my XF (8-speed) and the 9-speed Evoque. The P300e's regenerative braking was more linear than the MHEV Evoque which I found quite unpredictable at times. It's quite nice to see the green "charging" bar when going downhill instead of that energy being wasted wearing out the brakes!

I can't comment on fuel economy as my test drive was far from typical usage, but if you are doing mostly shortish journeys you should get maximum benefit from overnight charging. And although there is a big price difference, you are (IMO) getting a much better (and quicker!) car and residual value should be better in the long run - not to mention an earlier delivery. Anyway, that's my opinion, I hope I'm not disappointed when I eventually get that phone call from the dealer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
MarkAB said:
shoots86 said:
.... I have said I'd be happy to switch to the P300e if that speeds the build up - never looked at the hybrid but seems a good choice for the daily work commute (less than 10 miles a day), anyone got some real life experience with this engine?
Not much as I'm still waiting for mine - but I did have a 60-odd mile test drive over the North York Moors in the P300e, then subsequently had an Evoque D165 service loan car for several days.

The P300e drivetrain was very impressive in just about every way. On light throttle you really needed to check the tacho to confirm whether the petrol engine had cut in, and under brisk acceleration I found the muted 3-cylinder thrum more pleasant than a droning 4-cylinder (like my Jaguar XF). And there is certainly more than adequate performance, allied to the instant response from the electric motor.

The Aisin 8-speed gearbox was responsive but unobtrusive, I didn't notice any of the "dithering" which I've experienced with the ZF boxes in both my XF (8-speed) and the 9-speed Evoque. The P300e's regenerative braking was more linear than the MHEV Evoque which I found quite unpredictable at times. It's quite nice to see the green "charging" bar when going downhill instead of that energy being wasted wearing out the brakes!

I can't comment on fuel economy as my test drive was far from typical usage, but if you are doing mostly shortish journeys you should get maximum benefit from overnight charging. And although there is a big price difference, you are (IMO) getting a much better (and quicker!) car and residual value should be better in the long run - not to mention an earlier delivery. Anyway, that's my opinion, I hope I'm not disappointed when I eventually get that phone call from the dealer.
Pretty much exactly sums up my thoughts following the two test drives I had. It was such a nice drive, much nicer than a Volvo XC40 T5 Recharge and a BMW 330e which I also tried (as well as other non-PHEVs).

I would add though that the price differential between a P300e and an equivalent specified P250 is only around £1500 and by my calculations doing 7000 miles a year typical is (ie not regularly doing over 30 miles in between charges, maybe 60% local journeys) that would be recouped in two years at todays petrol prices, and this will only improve as petrol prices increase - especially so if you get on an overnight EV electricity rate. I posted the full calculations on here a little while ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So………… I had the confirmation email from LR recently that my build slot had been confirmed for 15th October.
Email received today

We are very sorry there has been a slight delay and now the build slot is confirmed for 5th November.

I asked why and it's the same old semi conductor shortage story. I can't understand how a build slot has been confirmed then delayed.

Don't get your hopes up!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fozzy10Bear said:
So………… I had the confirmation email from LR recently that my build slot had been confirmed for 15th October.
Email received today

We are very sorry there has been a slight delay and now the build slot is confirmed for 5th November.
Thanks for the update - out of interest, are these emails from your dealer or JLR? Mine was ordered early June so I'll be lucky to see it this year, I suspect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear All,

Discovery Sport 2.0D TD4 204 PS R-Dynamic SE MY21 specification on order since May 21. Order 'updated' to MY22 at time of order.

Having read on here of various items being removed from specs 'due to the semiconductor shortage', and in particular the 3D surround camera, i thought to ask my dealer as i had not her anything. Herebelow the marvelous response i have just recieved... also over the phone I was informed that anything 'removed' would not be compensated, but rather an attitude of 'take it or lump it' exists!

Hi,
I have asked global to clarify if this was removed as a standard option for 22MY or if it was removed due to the global constraints. I can confirm that your build has a front and rear facing camera (not 3D Surround), and at present due to the global shortages of Semiconductor chips, Jaguar Land Rover have taken the difficult decision to remove various standard options including 3D Surround cameras from all current models (so even if we had it as an additional option we would not have got it).
I am waiting for the final confirmation from global, but it will not change the outcome.
There are no other changed nor options which have been taken out for your build (example digital screens are now also on constraint)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just popped into our dealer, mainly to see what Hakuba Silver actually looked like "in the metal" as we changed from the problematic Ostuni Pearl White. It turned out that change - along with deletion of the 3D camera - has finally allowed our car to be "slotted".

So currently we are looking at a late December delivery (from a 5th June order). Let's hope they stick to it - I'd better start looking at 7kW charging points!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took delivery of mine last weekend -D165 SE R-Dynamic. No extra tech, just standard build + additional 3rd row seats. Ordered mid May.

Talking to the dealer, they told me most "standard" spec orders of MY22 were being fulfilled now, but any with extra tech being added (eg head up display etc) were a problem as extra chips needed. They were asking buyers to remove options to speed up delivery.

Also new orders now a massive issue and all but PHEV likely to be 9-12 months delivery time. Some derivatives not even available for order. Buyers asking to go on their waiting list for cancelled orders now likely to wait long than if they ordered new!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Edgy said:
Dear All,

Discovery Sport 2.0D TD4 204 PS R-Dynamic SE MY21 specification on order since May 21. Order 'updated' to MY22 at time of order.

Having read on here of various items being removed from specs 'due to the semiconductor shortage', and in particular the 3D surround camera, i thought to ask my dealer as i had not her anything. Herebelow the marvelous response i have just recieved... also over the phone I was informed that anything 'removed' would not be compensated, but rather an attitude of 'take it or lump it' exists!

Hi,
I have asked global to clarify if this was removed as a standard option for 22MY or if it was removed due to the global constraints. I can confirm that your build has a front and rear facing camera (not 3D Surround), and at present due to the global shortages of Semiconductor chips, Jaguar Land Rover have taken the difficult decision to remove various standard options including 3D Surround cameras from all current models (so even if we had it as an additional option we would not have got it).
I am waiting for the final confirmation from global, but it will not change the outcome.
There are no other changed nor options which have been taken out for your build (example digital screens are now also on constraint)
That - to be frank - is a load of twoddle from your dealer.

MY21 cars had 3D surround cameras as standard, which was switched to an option for MY22 and standard became reverse camera only. There is no other camera option other than the optional 3D or standard reversing. I really hope they're not trying to intentionally confuse you by talking about the forward facing camera which is used for traffic sign recognition and lane departure as a replacement for 3D surround, because it's not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
MarkAB said:
Just popped into our dealer, mainly to see what Hakuba Silver actually looked like "in the metal" as we changed from the problematic Ostuni Pearl White. It turned out that change - along with deletion of the 3D camera - has finally allowed our car to be "slotted".

So currently we are looking at a late December delivery (from a 5th June order). Let's hope they stick to it - I'd better start looking at 7kW charging points!
Nice, fingers crossed for you it all goes to plan.

I've been looking at sorting the charging point myself as well, I've narrowed it down to either a Wallbox Pulsar Plus or an Easeee Home. The £350 grant is changing next March so that homeowners can no longer claim.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ajmorr.is said:
Edgy said:
Dear All,

Hi,
That - to be frank - is a load of twoddle from your dealer.

MY21 cars had 3D surround cameras as standard, which was switched to an option for MY22 and standard became reverse camera only. There is no other camera option other than the optional 3D or standard reversing. I really hope they're not trying to intentionally confuse you by talking about the forward facing camera which is used for traffic sign recognition and lane departure as a replacement for 3D surround, because it's not.
The implication from this is that the "Ground View" part of "ClearSight" requires 3D Surround View to be specified, which is currently preventing entry into the build programme.

·
Registered
105 Posts
MarkAB said:
The implication from this is that the "Ground View" part of "ClearSight" requires 3D Surround View to be specified, which is currently preventing entry into the build programme.
Ground view does require 3D surround to be specified. There is no front facing operator viewable camera without this option.

3D surround cameras also enable the wade sensing function as far as I'm aware.

'Clearsight' also refers to the switchable rear view mirror which as far as I'm aware is not affected by delays/unavailability (I have it specified on my order).

·
Registered
10 Posts
So after further 'prodding' i have now just recieved the below new dealer response:

Hi
Please see reply from factory below:
"The 3d camera was included in all JLR models 21MY as there was an issue with the rear camera supplier. To keep customers happy we have just replaced it with the 3d camera without charging for it. Nor have we ever actively communicated it. In 22MY the rear camera is available again and 3d is out. Wade sensing is attached to the 3d camera".
As I told you before although it is unfortunate and I fully understand your point of view, this is affecting thousands of customers and JLR's position is clear.
Please let me know what you would like to do, and we would have no problem in refunding you your deposit if you do not wish to proceed with the order without the 3D surround camera.

Marvelous...

Not sure if its a deal breaker, especially with buid date currently showing as 22/10, but is sure a kick in the goolies! Nice start for a long term relationship with JLR...

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I read all this, it seems rather impossible that mine will be delivered WITH 3D camera, as ordered. But still, this is what the dealer promised be. The car is built and arrives soon, so I'll find out soon … I keep you posted!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Iseki3217 said:
When I read all this, it seems rather impossible that mine will be delivered WITH 3D camera, as ordered. But still, this is what the dealer promised be. The car is built and arrives soon, so I'll find out soon … I keep you posted!
When are you expecting to recieve the car? Please please do update us here on the 3D as yours also quoted at MY22, but you have the HSE on order so 3D is still probably standard kit...

Anyhow, when you know an update would be most appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Edgy said:
Iseki3217 said:
When are you expecting to recieve the car? Please please do update us here on the 3D as yours also quoted at MY22, would be most appreciated
It should arrive at the dealer this week, didn't hear anything yet. Then some paperwork with leasing company, so I expect it to receive within a week or two. As soon as I have more news I let it know here on the forum! Is in Belgium, but I can't imagine they install 3D cams for Belgium only :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just out of interest (and apologies for non-LR content), my "plan B" was the SEAT Tarraco e-hybrid which was launched in August 2019 and reported as "starting production" in December 2020. It is still not available to order and deliveries are "early 2022". So I think I'll take my chances with LR for now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Final little note from my agent when asked if i could add in the 3d camera that JLR revomved from standard spec of MY22...

This would result in loosing the current slot, there is a 12-16 months waiting list for new build dates, and those are without the 3D surround camera.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Edgy said:
So after further 'prodding' i have now just recieved the below new dealer response:

Hi
Please see reply from factory below:
"The 3d camera was included in all JLR models 21MY as there was an issue with the rear camera supplier. To keep customers happy we have just replaced it with the 3d camera without charging for it. Nor have we ever actively communicated it. In 22MY the rear camera is available again and 3d is out. Wade sensing is attached to the 3d camera".
As I told you before although it is unfortunate and I fully understand your point of view, this is affecting thousands of customers and JLR's position is clear.
Please let me know what you would like to do, and we would have no problem in refunding you your deposit if you do not wish to proceed with the order without the 3D surround camera.

Marvelous...

Not sure if its a deal breaker, especially with buid date currently showing as 22/10, but is sure a kick in the goolies! Nice start for a long term relationship with JLR...
They're still talking twoddle! :roll: If the reverse camera had supply issues for MY21 cars (it didn't) then why were there still cameras fitted to the rear of cars with 3D surround cameras? The 3D surround system uses the exact same camera at the rear as the reversing camera alone.

Only you can judge if it's a deal breaker, but personally I'd be expecting compensation for missing features if your spec list says that you'll be getting something that you don't. What they will have done is discounted out the cost of the 3D cameras and now that it can't be supplied they've got that discount back so they're happy. They would also be happy to refund your deposit as there's a waiting list for cancelled orders and it would either be snapped up sharpish or delivered to them and with the values as they are currently sold for over list price. It's a win win situation for the dealers.

241 - 260 of 282 Posts