Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both Auto Express and Auto Car have posted their first reviews of the Discovery Sport:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Auto Express: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/discovery-sport/89675/4x4

On the road, the Discovery Sport feels composed and agile. The steering lacks feedback, but it's fast and precise, helping you place the car with confidence. And while the low speed ride is a little firm, the Land Rover becomes more comfortable at speed. Even better, road and wind noise are well suppressed. The only weak link is the 2.2-litre diesel, which is gruff, particularly when extended. On the plus side, it delivers strong real world pace.
Auto Express Video Review:

Auto Car: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/land-rover/discovery-sport/first-drives/2015-land-rover-discovery-sport-review

The Disco Sport's fine combination of beauty, versatility and good driving characteristics looks like bringing a new sophistication to this class, and its polished interior, new infotainment system and impressive off-road ability create a pleasing all-round package.

With the old SD4 engine, the launch versions aren't absolutely top-drawer for low-speed engine refinement and they don't quite reach BMW X3 standards of low fuel consumption and CO2 output, so business buyers might be well advised to wait.
What are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Seems to be well received with the exception of the engine. Anyone have any real world experience of this. I imagine it's currently in the Evoque and Freelander.
Still over a week till I get my test drive.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yes the 2.2 sounds like a tractor at idle. The 2.2 Evoque IMHO can't quite pull off the RR badge because of it. The smooth V6D would make the DS shine in this regard, but the 2.2 is a great if 'old' unit, but then again it's reliability is not in doubt. There is no 'new' replacement due bigger than the 2.0 for the base DS later in the year, so I guess if it ain't broke.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
As has been said its a gruff and dated unit but in my experience (3x Fl2 1x Evoque) it's a hundred percent reliable and never let me down. Yes the new engine will be smooth and probably a bit better on the fuel but no one has tried it in the real world, the fuel economy will be just as over stated as the current unit, best let Jaguar take one for the team :lol:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/land-rover/discovery-sport-4x4/land-rover-discovery-sport-vs-bmw-x3-vs-lexus-nx-vs-volvo-xc60/1325109

Didn't even need to read it to find out who would win :roll:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both reviews have said pretty much what I expected, esoecially wrt the engine. Anyone waiting to get a Sport with the new engine will have to wait for LR to fill all the orders for the FWD only version first. I doubt that a new engined 4X4 would be available until mid - late 2016. If the current lump is good enough for Ford and PSA who are we to argue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts