Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks Moose, good spot!
I emailed Barmeca (Istanbul, Turkey), below their answers:

Hi Sander and thanks a lot for such an early request!

I am a quite well reputed member of the EvoqueOwnersClub, probably you may heard of me in there..?

About the Discovery Sport, will surely consider those products and I have no doubt I will come up with a design that suits the DS. The only problem is, the Discovery Sport has yet to arrive to the authorized dealer in here, as soon as it shows, I will be working on them. Once again thanks for your interest and I will keep you posted and of course I will introduce mysellf to the DS forum by then..

Best regards,
Baris KARTAL
BARMECA Automotive, ISTANBUL
T +90 212 6710030
F +90 212 6710035
www.barmeca.com

·
Registered
829 Posts
I also asked them to look at the cheap plastics between gear selector and armrest... They added:

Just to contribute to the forum..

I just had a quick look on the net to the interior of the Ds and to me the major flaw is the lack of surrounds on the central air vents, LR has put them to the ones on the sides but not to those at the center, one can quickly judge that the designers have forgotten to do that but to me as a designer, I have no doubt they left those as they are on purpose, just to leave room for some tweaks when the facelift time arrivesJ

Rgds,
BARIS

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds interesting and the quality looks pretty good. Hopefully by mid years they should have something in place, perhaps we could have bespoke ones just for us on here :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If we could find out the minimum manufacturing quantity we could look at some sort of group buy ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Poll on its way...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all and thanks specially to you Kaikoura for the invitation.. I guess you will be the first to receive the free set:)

Like I said in my reply to you email, the DiscoSport has yet to show up in here but I guess it will very soon and then I will be able to come up with a design with exact dimensions. Several hundred of those Evoque versions were sold to date worldwide with thanks from all. Some went to countries I'd never expect, Brunei, Peru, even to an island in the Pacific..

Until then in the meantime, I can do some 3d sketching and ask for your suggestions so could some of you please send me photos of the door sill areas, front and rear? Thanks in advance, here is my email: [email protected]

BK

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bktheboss said:
Until then in the meantime, I can do some 3d sketching and ask for your suggestions so could some of you please send me photos of the door sill areas, front and rear? Thanks in advance, here is my email: [email protected]

BK
The front moulding looks visually the same, the rear is different, it look a more simple rectangular shape see below

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks for that Moose however I'd prefer a high res close-up photo sent to my email so that I can do some 3d rendering on it.. Anyway, did some search over the net and I am pretty sure now that it will be a straight forward job for me, the recesses are almost identical to the Evoque's so I can assure everyone in here that a full set of 4 sill tread plates will be available from me as soon as the DS shows up in here which should be very soon, LR supplies only the fronts again:)

BK

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks boss, please don't forget a solution for the centre vents, possibly an Evoque like surround of the SatNav and specifically a solution for the cheap plastics between the front seats

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice :D
What the chance of having the DS logo ( like my sig but without the Yulong characters ) on the fronts next to the Discovery lettering?

·
Registered
677 Posts
They look nice, but the DS logo is wrong. The DS has no stepped roofline.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Here is the genuine silhouette, as per Evoque, RR and RRS.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Would also like aluminium guards to brighten up the rear...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 118 Posts