Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I know 1 person has had problems with Alloygators coming off of the 20 inch wheels,

Has anyone else had problems with the 19 inch standard HSE wheels.

I Have
Fronts are the worst but backs are moving as well.
The top photo is the rear nearside and bottom two the front near side. They had done about 150 miles mostly motorway

Front was replaced with new one & the rear refitted.

60 miles later both fronts & 1 rear are well off & the last rear has started to move.

Did contact Alloygator with photos - response was "We don't know, please contact one of the fitters on our web site"

Won't use vehicle until they are removed. I will not be re-fitting. I am not prepared to risk an insurance claim because one came off & hit someone plus potential vehicle damage.

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Hubcap Tread
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics Eddy. I was considering them, now not so much.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was thinking about getting these for my DS, but not now, thanks for the pictures and I hope you get your alloygaters sorted :eek:

·
Registered
829 Posts
That is very disappointing. I have them already to be fitted. Weird as well as I have met happy customers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like the fitter hasn't done his job properly. If you zoom in on your picture the little metal clips with the serrated edge should face towards the tyre so it can grip the tyre. The clips are facing the wrong way and are trying to grip the inside of the alloy instead!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I looked at the Rimblades back at the Autosport show in January, the Rimband look a option, but to be honest if the Blades or Scuffs stick they would be a lot easier to replace.

http://www.rimblades.com/

·
Registered
163 Posts
I took the plunge and got AlloyGators fitted to the same 19" wheel as the OP,. I I ha ve used the car only for 150-200 kms since fitting but will watch them for another week or two until these wheels get stored until winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't look into it any further, I just took them off. Just too much hassle.

I did take some photos just before they were removed

The metal clips are round the correct way

I am not going to try to have them fitted again, will probably get them fitted to my Focus instead & see if that works

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
here's an alternative to the Alloygators if you're looking for protection of your wheels, and maybe for dressing them up a bit.

http://www.carid.com/rimpro-tec/rimpro-tec-wheel-bands-16610587.html

I received mine over the weekend, and took me about 30mins to install them. been driving all weekend and they seem to stay on solid. I got black track and black insert because i only needed them for the protection. you can certainly go with any color you'd like. the best part is, the insert can be changed any time you want for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Disco said:
here's an alternative to the Alloygators if you're looking for protection of your wheels, and maybe for dressing them up a bit.

http://www.carid.com/rimpro-tec/rimpro-tec-wheel-bands-16610587.html

I received mine over the weekend, and took me about 30mins to install them. been driving all weekend and they seem to stay on solid. I got black track and black insert because i only needed them for the protection. you can certainly go with any color you'd like. the best part is, the insert can be changed any time you want for a fraction of the cost.
Good find. These look a lot more user friendly than the Alloygators. Do you have any pics you can show of them on your wheels? They look a lot simpler to install and replace.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.