Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if any one has fitted any all terrain tyres ?

I believe the standard cars come with road biased tyres, i did ask the dealer if they did off road tyres but sadly no.

My car will be in muddy fields with a trailer on and down farm tracks etc.

My current car has 50/50 tyres on which perform great on all terrains.

I will be looking to change tyres but keeping the standard size.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yes I'm sure the car will perform much better in mud with all terrain tyres. You could go down the road other have and get a set of steel rims with your preferred tyres and simply keep the posh ones for when you come to resell or when you fancy going back to them for other reasons. My Kia Sportage ( soon to go) has a winter set in shed and I change over November and April.

·
Registered
20 Posts
All the OE tyres are M+S rated, so should be good for trails and tracks. Depending on how muddy the fields are, so may be surprised how well the car will do on them. I'd make sure that you do the Land Rover Experience session so you find out how to make use of all the electronic aids.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A word of caution. I saw a nice white 2015 Porsche Cayenne recently. Stunning car, but had a full set of General tyres fitted... looked absolutely ridiculous. I am sure it was great off road, but in the local supermarket car park, was simply not in keeping with the vehicle... If you don't care about the aesthetics, then Generals are the way to go...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm going to get some 17" Evoque wheels with some M+S for winter, I agree too aggressive a pattern tyres on 20" wheel do not go together

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive done an experience day a few years ago, it was great but better tyres do make a difference.

My car will go off road in all weathers, so i think a set of grabbers will do. As i want a set of tyres to fit and forget

After all it is a land rover and not just a chealsea tractor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.