Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a used DS TD4 SE Tech (2016) and looking to fit an aftermarket reversing camera (as this model doesn’t have one as standard).

Options I’m considering are…

EchoMaster camera and clip-on mirror monitor installed by Halfords for £255. Seems like a fairly ‘non-intrusive’ option and easy to repair/remove if needed. My local Halfords are thankfully competent and I’ve trusted them with fitting work on other vehicles with no problems.

This product from Car Communications, which seems to pretty much replicate the camera system fitted by LR and integrates with the touchscreen but in a way that doesn’t require reprogramming. £648 fitted. Looks ideal, but makes me wonder how likely it is to Royaly mess up the touchscreen system at some point in future when things inevitably go faulty.

This system from AVR, who have a good reputation for fitting and the product seems similar to the EchoMaster from Halfords, possibly a little more durable.

Anyone have experience with any of these products or able to recommend others?

Cheers 🍻

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently bought a used DS TD4 SE Tech (2016) and looking to fit an aftermarket reversing camera (as this model doesn’t have one as standard).

Options I’m considering are…

EchoMaster camera and clip-on mirror monitor installed by Halfords for £255. Seems like a fairly ‘non-intrusive’ option and easy to repair/remove if needed. My local Halfords are thankfully competent and I’ve trusted them with fitting work on other vehicles with no problems.

This product from Car Communications, which seems to pretty much replicate the camera system fitted by LR and integrates with the touchscreen but in a way that doesn’t require reprogramming. £648 fitted. Looks ideal, but makes me wonder how likely it is to Royaly mess up the touchscreen system at some point in future when things inevitably go faulty.

This system from AVR, who have a good reputation for fitting and the product seems similar to the EchoMaster from Halfords, possibly a little more durable.

Anyone have experience with any of these products or able to recommend others?

Cheers 🍻
Look to fit a camera myself, can I ask which you went for

1 - 3 of 3 Posts