Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Craigggg5, I called WITTER about a month ago they had not got their hands on a DS so they could not help in the short term.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Witter are 3 months away from completing research and 6 months away from production. Towsure produce from the same plans as Witter so the same time 6 months.
The Landrover standard tow bars are made by Binks but they are only licenced to Landrover. You can actually buy the kit from Landrover for about £650 but you need to dismantle to rear end to fit. So I personally went for dealer fit after production tow bar that came in slightly less than factory fit option

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Odd I thought the factory fit was less than the dealers?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes my car was one of the quarantine models and I needed a Landrover with a tow bar to tow a caravan over Easter so I kicked up a fuss and as a goodwill gesture I think they did a deal or else the would have had to hire a disco in if mine wasn't ready standard the dealer fit fixed is £803 but as I say they gave me a discount

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
You did get a deal, mine has cost £1089.

I'm not sure if the dealer fit fixed towbar can be ordered on a finished car, I believe that they re-route the exhaust at the factory to allow for its fitting by the dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I notice yours has the space saver mine just has the tyre repair kit. I believe that's where the difference will be. Mine was fitted post delivery to the dealer. I do know there is a considerable difference in fitting to a DS with a spare wheel and without

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.