Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer said another MY2016 press release will be available in circa 2-3 weeks time. Which questions would you like to see answered?

Hope Pete adds these to the list /sends our thoughts to LR press office...

Some Qs from my side:

- Exact available list of options. Is Adaptive Cruise Control available late 2015? What about HUD?
- Changes to MY2016 spec like new black pedestrian airbag cover on Black Pack models
- Waitomo Grey looks very similar to Corris Grey. What is premium about this newly introduced colour?
- More details around AdBlue, maintenance, top-ups at home etc
- Ability to download MY2016 owner's manual?
- Future updates of SatNav
- Rumours of 210bhp Ingenium 2.0 Diesel true?
- Will HSE Lux interior be upgraded with ability to spec leather dashboard, better centre console trim etc?
- Any plans for panoramic roof that actually can be opened?
- InControl 3yr tracker subscription: How to extend and at what cost?
- Timing of ability to testdrive DS with 2.0 Ingenium engines?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Clarification on tow bar options.

Fixed vs. detachable vs. electronically deployable
Factory vs. dealer fit
Skinny spare vs. full spare vs. none
7-pin electric option?
Confirmed pricing

Pictures of the above (esp. where bumper/scuff plate / undertray has been cut to provide access to the tow bar fitting)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Pete
Sat Nav system requires a real work-over. It is very poor quality.
The Traffic Sign Recognition requires a software update to reposition the traffic sign into the centre of the instruments to avoid covering up the temp indicator as at present.
Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Pete

I'd like to know if a 5 seat 180bhp version will be available.

We want to use the DS for continental touring and also want a removable towbar (I'm fed up with banging my shins!). I want the spare because I don't want to be sitting on a Spanish motorway at 02:00 with a puncture!

At the moment, the option of a spare plus removable towbar on the higher powered version isn't available in the UK

I'm sitting here with £40k in the bank and want to spend it on a DS but, when I'm spending that sort of money I'm not prepared to compromise on the spec.

What is really, really annoying :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: is the exact spec that we want is available in many other areas, including Australia so why not the UK?

Please pass this request on to the appropriate people.

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
226 Posts
^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

·
Registered
741 Posts
Neil said:
Hi Pete

I'd like to know if a 5 seat 180bhp version will be available.

We want to use the DS for continental touring and also want a removable towbar (I'm fed up with banging my shins!). I want the spare because I don't want to be sitting on a Spanish motorway at 02:00 with a puncture!

At the moment, the option of a spare plus removable towbar on the higher powered version isn't available in the UK

I'm sitting here with £40k in the bank and want to spend it on a DS but, when I'm spending that sort of money I'm not prepared to compromise on the spec.

What is really, really annoying :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: is the exact spec that we want is available in many other areas, including Australia so why not the UK?

Please pass this request on to the appropriate people.

Thanks

Neil
+1 I think though next time you should sy what you really mean :D :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi All,

As advised the comments / questions have been passed on. I did however wish to respond on a few of the ones raised please see below:

- All of the 16MY options are correctly listed in the current 16MY ebrochure which can be viewed and downloaded from the LandRover.co.uk website.
- Adaptive cruise and HUD are not available in the UK for the 16MY.
- There are no planned changes to 16MY regarding black pedestrian airbag cover on Black Pack models
- Waitomo Grey has a richer, browner tone, however I would advise liaising with your local retailer for availability of a viewing this on a vehicle.
- More details around AdBlue, maintenance, top-ups - I am more than happy to provide all of this information and will put up a thread on this with more details early next week.
- The owners manual can be viewed and appropriate sections can be downloaded using TOPIx
- HSE Lux interior be upgraded with ability to spec leather dashboard, better centre console trim etc? There are no plans to change this at this time.
- Any plans for panoramic roof that actually can be opened? At this time there are no plans to change this.
- Timing of ability to testdrive DS with 2.0 Ingenium engines? These are currently scheduled to be available for test drive in September

- Tow bar - The only change to the tow bar offering is the introduction of the electronically deployable line fit option which has the same option restrictions as the existing tow bars. Pricing details for this are included in the 16MY ebrochure.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same for me. Why mention HUD and ACC in press releases if they can't be specced?

·
Registered
305 Posts
@pete

Given the spec has not been finalised completely and many of us will have ordered for the MY16 release; will dealers be instructed to contact customers and notify them of changes? Could have several unhappy people if the car arrives minus what they had inn their mind.

N

·
Registered
208 Posts
nino said:
@pete

Given the spec has not been finalised completely and many of us will have ordered for the MY16 release; will dealers be instructed to contact customers and notify them of changes? Could have several unhappy people if the car arrives minus what they had inn their mind.

N
I don't think a dealer can be responsible for not supplying something that you had in mind. Surely if you are spending so much money you check properly what you are getting. You cannot just assume that items are standard. If you have ordered without fully understanding the specification that's not LR problem. What I do agree on is that the dealers should be able to provide all the info.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Nino,

Vehicle specifications that can be ordered on the Land Rover Discovery Sport have been provided to the retailers. If you wish to discuss options or specifications of your order further I would suggest liaising directly with your selling retailer.

There should be no orders placed with options paid for that are not available, if you have encountered this or have any concerns, I would suggest customers PM me with further details, as well as details of their retailer and contact details. I would be happy to investigate further.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whilst I agree with an earlier post that we can't really complain about not receiving functionality we had 'expected' or hoped for, but was never confirmed.......the Land Rover PR and media is totally out of step with what is actually being produced and delivered to the UK market.

Aside from the various LR YouTube channel videos (which I accept are generic to multiple markets), this website gives access, supposedly, to MARKET-SPECIFIC online manuals....

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/

On entering language, Country, model-year, and with or without CD, you are taken to a (supposedly) accurate manual for the market.

For me (UK, 2016 MY) this clearly shows:

- Gesture tailgate opening
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- HUD
- Dynamic driving mode
- Surround camera system
- Blind Spot Monitoring
......and much more.

Pete,

Grateful for a comment on the above, and clarity as to when the production will catch up to the media promises.....or vice-versa. Whilst I'm looking forward to picking up my new car in a few weeks, my first ever LR purchase, I have to say that (given I'm about to hand over £45k) it is very disappointing that many, including myself, have perhaps expected some of these which presumably won't be included.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Sprower,

In this first issue of the digital handbook, the content is a direct 'copy' of the printed handbook. It currently covers all vehicle derivatives and optional equipment even if it may not be available in the selected market.

At this time the selection screen is to ensure the correct language is made available when viewing the content. There are however plans to limit the available content to be market specific and then to also provide vehicle-specific content using VIN identification.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pete,

Just out of interest will the new 2016 HSE's, mine is due in Sept 16, come with gesture tailgate opening? Just think this is quite cool and wondered if it comes as standard on the new cars.

Cheers in advance,

Richard

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pete,

Thanks for the response.

In addition to the question above regarding "gesture tailgate", can you confirm what the standard camera arrangement is in the HSE Lux 2016 MY.

My car is due for build 4th September, delivery late September. Very frustrating that, just a few weeks from taking delivery of an expensive car, I'm still not exactly sure which of these newer elements it will be delivered with.

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sprower said:
Pete,

Thanks for the response.

In addition to the question above regarding "gesture tailgate", can you confirm what the standard camera arrangement is in the HSE Lux 2016 MY.

My car is due for build 4th September, delivery late September. Very frustrating that, just a few weeks from taking delivery of an expensive car, I'm still not exactly sure which of these newer elements it will be delivered with.

Thanks,

Simon
Hi Simon,

Has your dealer provided you with the Build details yet? It's often the document that has your build and handover dates on it.
looks a bit like this:

It is a great long list of all the options that the assembly line will put on your specific vehicle.
Some of the codes are a bit esoteric, but I'm sure you'd find support on here for deciphering them.

It may reassure you as to exactly what your car will come with.

Best

BB

I had mine some weeks ago.

·
Registered
562 Posts
When will Blind Spot monitoring be available.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.