Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that many of you will find the DS interior luxerious as is but...for those who had a RR Sport, RR Evoque, Porsche Macan or....they might like a bit more luxury leather if only to cover up some of the plastics?

Personally, I now have an RR Evoque in autobiography trim with tan seats, ivory dashboard and expresso dashboard top

I would be interested to cover the top of the DS dashboard in dark brown/espresso leather and use the same colour for all the door inserts which on a HSE are fake black leather from the factory

Do any of you have similar thoughts or welcome other interior upgrades?

Who has done some leather interior trimming before?

Please see below pictures comparing my Evoque to a DS with tan seats to understand what I mean...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I agree with the door cards they could do will the plastic upgrading.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I somehow assumed the door cards/inserts of my DS HSE where black leather (since seats and middle of dash are also leather) but it turns out to be (nice) black fabric on a HSE. As such I would prefer to complement my Almond interior with a 3rd colour, just as my Evoque has. Dark brown/Espresso seems a good choice while it combined nicely with Almond and Black + will not cause reflections in the front windscreen when the top of the dashboard is also covered in Espresso

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I could do with the lower door cards leather covering as well as they are plastic.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep the lower doors plastic since my kids kick the lower doors...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the sort of look I would personally like to create by covering door cards/inserts and top of dashboard in Espresso brown:

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Have to say the Espresso looks good for dash top and door insert, and yes, it would work well with Almond seats, dash and doors. The black isn't too bad though. My only gripe is the Ebony carpets and mats that come with the Almond trim, they really show up muddy marks (Ebony interior on the one I drove, was really filthy in the second row, from the previous user) whereas my FL2 Alpaca (beige) carpets and mats don't show dirt anything like as much, and still look new after 7 years. So some shade of beige/brown would be preferable.

I'm sure the more affluent buyers who want real individuality will go for complete leather re-trims at an upholsterer, as they did with their FL2s.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Obtained a quote of Eur 600/gbp 475 for covering the top of the dashboard and 4 doorpanels in Espresso Brown (heat and sun resistant). Have the bring the parts myself...

Do any of you know how easy it is to remove top of dash and door panels?
Airbag issues?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
344 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Obtained a quote of Eur 600/gbp 475 for covering the top of the dashboard and 4 doorpanels in Espresso Brown (heat and sun resistant). Have the bring the parts myself...

Do any of you know how easy it is to remove top of dash and door panels?
Airbag issues?

Thanks in advance
Sounds like an idea but, my first thoughts were on reading was WARRANTY.
I would check up on this point first.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, almond interior, flaps, rubber mats, spare wheel, bright finish treadplates, privacy glass, traffic sign recognition.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Not sure I would want to take it out my self, although I am happy to have a go at most jobs

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer expected some 3-4 hours to take top of dash and door inserts out. Not very simple... Looking at this Almond Jaguar interior you get a sense of impact

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone have a technical description of how the top of the dashboard is fitted to the car?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you look on the VW T5 forum there are loads of companies that do custom builds of the T5 Transporter van, lots of them do bespoke leather seat covering and also dashboard and door paneling, the end products are often spectacular.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts