Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thinking about the new Euro 6 engine on the new 2016 DS.
I herd on the grapevine that the new Skoda TDI has to have Adblue to comply to Euro 6. If you forget to add it the car goes into limp mode!
Does anybody know if its the same for the DS and how much ADBlue do you need to add per tank fill and how big the Adblue tank is and where it is?
As I cant see my wife filling the tank up?
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
533 Posts
JLR advise that the vehicle will give the driver several warnings that the Adblue supply is low. Once the final warning has been reached the vehicle cannot be restarted until it is topped up with Adblue (this does not mean completely full, around 4 litres are required to get the vehicle started again)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dave,
simply search the Forum for "AdBlue" and you'll find several posts regarding AdBlue!
Regards
wigg3

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dave,

If you get one of the service packs your LR Dealer will top it up within the plan when it is required. You allegedly get plenty of warning prior to the car refusing to start as it has been run down to the minimum. Will mean that the wife will have to drive to the dealer to get it done though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If a trip to the dealers is a bit of a pain, i.e. they are a fair drive away, you can buy Adblue (search Amazon for less than £20 for 10l) and top up yourself. Another thread said the filler was in the engine bay, so it sounds just like topping up the oil/washer fluid etc, which for most people is a really easy thing to do.

·
Banned
600 Posts
or tescos getting in there with an every little helps bargain :roll: £10 for 1.5l but with club points.

to give a price idea its 21p/l bulk into your tank huge orders . 35p/l in a 1000l ibc

I would forget about any ad blue worries, any helpful local garage would gladly top it up for any non diy types for around a tenner

·
Registered
27 Posts
I asked dealer about it. He said the Adblue bottle contains enough that it only needs topping up each service....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bet that's what the average new VW says too.... (sorry only joking!)

·
Registered
533 Posts
LR-Phan said:
I bet that's what the average new VW says too.... (sorry only joking!)
I bet it promises extra unicorns and time travel!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just got mine - dealer and handbook say 1L of AdBlu per 1,000 miles approx. Tank is 13L so up 13,000 miles on the tank but I have bought a service plan so dealer will top up when needed (and will do a check-up as well since he's only going to see the car every 2y or 21,000 miles in my case).

·
Registered
404 Posts
In the "Vehicle Info" page of the display from the steering wheel Menu button, there is a readout of AdBlu range remaining. Found it yesterday while exploring the screens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.