Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are those of you with adaptive xenons finding them?
We had them on the D3 traded in px. Whenever the car was started in low light, they did their 'dance' to self-level. It was also very evident when they bent during cornering. I don't get that same effect on the DS - no dance and no obvious bending (the angled cornering lights work well). Is this the norm or do otherS have more obvious movement?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've noticed mine, mainly if I park on an incline, rather than a dance it's more of a pulse as they come on and then a rolling out of the beam from a centralised point to a wider flood to the outside.

That's probably because the ballast technology has evolved ?

In normal driving dipped beam I can't say I notice the effect of the bendy beams but in main beam it's definately apparent. They really do make a difference. It's weird and takes a bit of getting used to,

From standard Xenons to adaptive is £300 I thimk ?

I'm not sure if the HSE has the cornering lights ? But if it doesn't the £300 is definately worth it, just for these.
I had some JW Speaker headlights on a Defender, and the LED lense on those are just like the ones on the DS, they are so bright you can actually see other road users looking at them.

They are tucked right up in the top corner right beneath the bonnet, not actually visible until the steering angle sensor turns them on.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I think the are very useful, not noticed any dancing to self level but the non adaptive xenons self level so it shouldn't make any difference adaptive or not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be fair the lights are good and the cornering lights are much brighter than on the D3. It was just that the 'bending' was more obvious on the D3 so Having paid for the upgrade on the DS I wasn't sure if they were working properly. Thanks for the feedback guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.