Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been look at the ACC on my HSE Lux, its totally mind boggling at what it can do, does anyone else here have it and if so have you used it yet?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had understood it was not included on any UK spec 2015MY models. Assuming you are where your ID suggests, I'm interested to know how you got it?! I would certainly have specced it if it was an option...!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hmmmmm, I've been advised that its got it as standard, Is this not the case then, I'm awaiting my HSE Lux in a few Days and was quite looking forward to it having it fitted.
:evil:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I have an HSE Lux and definitely not on it and couldn't be ordered, in the handbook like quite a few things that aren't available at the moment.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Its fairly amazing that the 2015 MY handbook is stuffed full of things that are not available. Just leads at best to confusion (and disappointment if led to expect that those items in the handbook might actually be anything other than made up by JLR Fiction Staff Writers!). How hard is it to issue a handbook - esp the on line / PDF version - which accurately reflects what is being sold?!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Basically it's only about saving costs in the production of handbooks and is not at all uncommon in the automotive world. They just can't redo the whole thing every time they bring a new option to market otherwise nobody would know where they were.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your replies, I was reading the manual and thought I had it, I've have since looked at TOPIX and can see that intact I haven't. Still looks bloody amazing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Chippy911 said:
Basically it's only about saving costs in the production of handbooks and is not at all uncommon in the automotive world. They just can't redo the whole thing every time they bring a new option to market otherwise nobody would know where they were.
Seems blooming idle to me. Just because its standard in the automotive world doesn't make it right - esp for a premium product. Not knowing where we are is what results from publishing manuals full of things we can't have; on TOPIx there is a 2016MY handbook so fair enough if the new toys feature there, but there really is no excuse for including them in the 2015MY book.

Even the dealers are confused it seems - not long ago I was finding dealer sites that suggested HUD, ACC etc were all going to be available on the launch models. The print run for 2015MY cars will be perfectly large enough to achieve a low unit cost, without including things that may (or may not, know knows) be available in 2016MY - the saving per copy will be negligible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts