Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the little lock icon on the 4x4 info screen shows? My assumption is that it is showing the Active Driveline status...?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Gadget


Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
That shows your centre coupling either locked or open. No UK car has active driveline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do we trust cnet reporters who usually review cameras and phones? :)

A centre diff was an optional extra on the D4 if I remember is it standard on the baby DS?

When I drove the lock icon seemed to light up in segments rather than on or off like a diff lock ...

Guess I need some LR source here to convince me :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was keeping me awake, from below, definitely not active driveline but rather Advanced Efficient Driveline using the Haldex coupling to vary torque split front to rear. Answers on a postcard as to the difference between that and a Defender's diff lock please. :)

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/land-rover/press-kits/2014/09/lr_discovery_sport_launch_030914/lr_discovery_sport_launch_030914/

Advanced Efficient Driveline four-wheel-drive system
All Discovery Sport derivatives are available with Land Rover's Efficient Driveline four-wheel-drive system. This intelligent full-time four-wheel-drive system delivers outstanding performance and traction on all surfaces, and continuously varies the torque split front-to-rear. The latest Haldex centre coupling is now 4kg lighter, and is electronically controlled, allowing it to respond to wheel slip and driver demands far faster than a purely mechanical coupling. This provides excellent off-road capability together with enhanced agility on the road.
Active Driveline four-wheel drive for outstanding on- and off-road capability
Active Driveline is available on Discovery Sport SD4 and TD4 5-seat cars. A revolutionary on-demand driveline technology, Active Driveline can intelligently switch between two- and four-wheel drive as conditions dictate, combining both the fuel-saving benefits of two-wheel-drive with the all-terrain capability of four-wheel drive. On-road agility also increases with Active Driveline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
What's missing though from some regions (UK and USA) and is available only in 5 seat configurations elsewhere are Adaptive Dynamics (same dampers as on the Evoque) for better handling. Not sure what UK, USA and 7 seat configurations get instead? Maybe our discos just don't handle as well in the turns?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Duncanslater said:
Do we trust cnet reporters who usually review cameras and phones? :)

A centre diff was an optional extra on the D4 if I remember is it standard on the baby DS?

When I drove the lock icon seemed to light up in segments rather than on or off like a diff lock ...

Guess I need some LR source here to convince me :)
Nope,

a centre diff is NOT an option. It's always there... Whats optional (@D4) is the rear diff.

Greets,
Hauser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
J77 said:
That shows your centre coupling either locked or open. No UK car has active driveline.
Not true.
They sold Active-Driveline for the very early MY15 Disco Sport (all over Europe). Then it suddenly and quitly disappeared here. You can still order it in USA and Canada though.

Greets,
Hauser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
Which driveline uses the braking system to lock the slipping wheels and force drive through the diff to the other wheel ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Hauser said:
J77 said:
That shows your centre coupling either locked or open. No UK car has active driveline.
Not true.
They sold Active-Driveline for the very early MY15 Disco Sport (all over Europe). Then it suddenly and quitly disappeared here. You can still order it in USA and Canada though.

Greets,
Hauser
Not true, I bought a very early DS, in fact ordered it a year before hand, and was not an option on SD4 cars in the UK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
J77 said:
Hauser said:
J77 said:
That shows your centre coupling either locked or open. No UK car has active driveline.
Not true.
They sold Active-Driveline for the very early MY15 Disco Sport (all over Europe). Then it suddenly and quitly disappeared here. You can still order it in USA and Canada though.

Greets,
Hauser
Not true, I bought a very early DS, in fact ordered it a year before hand, and was not an option on SD4 cars in the UK.
Hi,

possibly with petrol engines only?
Not sure...

Greets,
Hauser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
It's available on petrol engines which we don't get here.

You can buy it on the Evoque Si4 over here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Duncanslater said:
Do we trust cnet reporters who usually review cameras and phones? :)

A centre diff was an optional extra on the D4 if I remember is it standard on the baby DS?

When I drove the lock icon seemed to light up in segments rather than on or off like a diff lock ...

Guess I need some LR source here to convince me :)
The padlock icon shows you when the diff is locked or not.
The green ring gives you an indication of how much differential torque is acting across the diff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am convinced :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I have adaptive dynamics on my SD4, so diesel engines can have this mode
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
...me too. Active Driveline and Adaptive Dynamics both as an extra for around EUR 1.500,-- each.

I like it. Was worth ordering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Hi,

we know Diesels can have Active-Driveline and Adaptive-Dynamics in Europe, the question is "were both ever available in the UK?".
I know for sure, they did sell it for the early models in Netherlands, Germany and Austria. And still for petrol engines in USA and Canada...
Well... doesn't actually matter when and where they sold it. What I'd really like to know is when they will be selling it again in Germany. ;)

Greets,
Hauser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Not on 7 seaters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Correct, Active Driveline, also in NL and Germany was only on 5seaters as far as I know and no longer available in Europe now...
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top