Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely love the car - arrived 3 weeks ahead of schedule (picked it up 29/5 rather than mid June) - looks good, feels and looks well put together, drives really well and I love the standard equipment - most of which seem there for a genuine purpose rather than just being frivolous. Too early to tell regarding fuel consumption or reliability. Even the sat nav hasn't irritated me like some of you guys/girls - works with full post code and provides all the info I need (so far). Handover was good - loved having the car under a wrap in the showroom and a nice bunch of flowers was a welcome touch. Even the deal was "reasonable" (no movement on price but I got the service plan, supagard, floor mats and full tank of fuel included). I hope I am not tempting fate!

Anyway, I do have two questions which some of you may be able to answer:
(1) Radio - is there anyway to set it so that it does not automatically come on when starting the car? I have tried everything I can think of (I have the standard radio/media pack)
(2) Lumbar support (8 way adjustable seats) - the lumbar support feels great but it won't stay "set" - i.e. it pushes out to support the back but then seems to gradually decrease again (as if it inflates and then slowly deflates); is this what others are finding or is it a unique fault?

I'll try and post some photos soon

Thanks all

Model: Scotia Grey/Ebony SE Tech Auto (plus spare wheel and electric seat adjustment)...all i could ever need :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Congrats first of all! Glad to hear another happy owner.

Maybe not be the answer you're looking for but I suppose you can turn the volume knob counter clockwise to mute radio when you park. Or simply press it to shut off screen.

I do not have the lumbar support issue as you described. It stays pushed out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Andrew, I'm in Australia, have a 2015 model HSE and seem to have exactly the same issue that you described with the lumbar support for the driver's seat not holding after you set it. Did you get this issue resolved? If so are you able to provide details of what was done to resolve it? I've already had the lumber module replaced but it made no difference.
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi Andrewl, and welcome to the informative forum.
The radio volume problem, on mine, only seems to be resolved if you turn the volume to zero, otherwise as you say it come on every time.
Go out this weekend and get the beast dirty :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Fraser, the lumbar support is good when it works but as I mentioned above, the lumbar support in my drivers's seat doesn't hold position which is why I'm really keen to find out if AndrewL got his fixed when he had the same problem a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mine's the same. Goes down after a while. It's just a rubber bladder that inflates with air, so presumably they leak :(

I reported it to the dealer last service and he said he'd checked it and couldn't find anything wrong - well he wouldn't would he unless he drove around in it for a couple of hours :roll:

Considering the mess they make every time they dismantle something to fix it, and that the whole seat has to come out to replace the lumber support, I've decided I'm just going to live with having to top it up every hour or so....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mamil, my frustration is that the lumbar in the passenger seat holds firm with no apparent leaking at all while the driver's seat goes down within 15 minutes. Replacement of the complete lumbar mechanism in the driver's seat made no difference but I've had a couple of occasions when it seemed to hold for a couple of days before going down. This was after the last service when they said they reset some errors in the computer and did a firmware update. Thus I'm not convinced that it's simply a leaky bladder. That said, my biggest frustration is that knowledge of the vehicle and particularly how components are supposed to work seems to be very poor at Landrover Australia.

·
Registered
948 Posts
TimM said:
Hi Mamil, my frustration is that the lumbar in the passenger seat holds firm with no apparent leaking at all while the driver's seat goes down within 15 minutes. Replacement of the complete lumbar mechanism in the driver's seat made no difference but I've had a couple of occasions when it seemed to hold for a couple of days before going down. This was after the last service when they said they reset some errors in the computer and did a firmware update. Thus I'm not convinced that it's simply a leaky bladder. That said, my biggest frustration is that knowledge of the vehicle and particularly how components are supposed to work seems to be very poor at Landrover Australia.
Well if you find a solution let me know :D Agree with you about total lack of knowledge about how these cars work. I've had to print out service bulletins and excerpts from the workshop manual and provide them to the service department so they knew what to do. And most recently, when they replaced the windscreen and left some parts out, I told them what parts to order and then got them to drop them round to my house and I fitted them myself. In the process I found some other parts they'd broken first time around, and had to get them ordered in as well :roll: Hence why I won't let them near the seat untill I know what the solution involves.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

Apologies - haven't been on this site for a while so missed you commenting on my original message.

I never got round to resolving the lumbar support - the drivers stills goes down quickly and the passengers slightly slower. To be honest I find the seats OK anyway (apart from the headrest which has always seemed too far forward) so have just lived with it. I had enough battles with the dealer without trying to resolve this one too :roll: :roll:

The radio volume does now (usually) stay "off" but occasionally decides to come on at volume 1 or 2 when the car starts. More irritating is the sat nav and speed alert which always come on at a default "loud" - I ended up switching off the speed alert as I was afraid of having an accident when the nice lady made me jump :eek:

Still love the car (well most things about it but that is another story!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.