Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the group and looking for info....I've recently purchased the disco sport on a 17 plate...the 12v socket in the rear centre console wasn't working...fuse had blown so changed that and is working fine....I noticed it was a blanking plate with the 12v sockets so I popped it off to look behind and there was another 2 wires...and I've found that you can get a 5v USB socket on either side of the 12v socket...so I bought one and the 12v works fine but the 5v usb's don't...do i they need an extra fuse putting in or have I wasted mi brass
Cheers in advance 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Sorry I don't know, I spec'd mine with the 5v USB's

Registered
It's a full 5v circuit so presumably there's a transformer somewhere and probably a fuse.
I can't see them bothering to not install the transformer (it's more expensive than just including it) and it seems too simple a system to be coded - though I could be wrong.

I'd start with looking at the fuse charts and see if the 5v one is missing.

Worst case, if you can't track it down, I'd buy a 12-5v transformer (really cheap from Ebay - I've used a few for dash cams, hard wired charging pads etc) and just wire across from the 12v socket wiring to power the 5v ones.

Registered
Reactions: Marmite
1 - 4 of 4 Posts