Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Owners of 5+2 DS can you please let me know if you received the luggage compartment cover when you got your car? (the one with a spring device that you pull it to cover the boot space).
I am asking because when I ordered my car the dealer said I won't get it because I have 7 seats... and I had to order (and pay) a separate one. He wasn't able to find the model number for DS and he ordered one for Evoque saying it's the same size...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have 7 seats and a luggage cover

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PaulTheWall said:
I have 7 seats and a luggage cover
Thx Paul.
Anyone else? maybe from Spain?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Would have thought it was standard everywhere, odd if not. Maybe dealer is mistaken in that you can't fit it with the 7 seats up and there is nowhere in the car designed to store it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mihai said:
Hi all,

Owners of 5+2 DS can you please let me know if you received the luggage compartment cover when you got your car? (the one with a spring device that you pull it to cover the boot space).
I am asking because when I ordered my car the dealer said I won't get it because I have 7 seats... and I had to order (and pay) a separate one. He wasn't able to find the model number for DS and he ordered one for Evoque saying it's the same size...
I am in the UK and my DS is a 7 seater and the cover was provided as part of the spec.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all!
I'll get back to my dealer and try to make him understand...

·
Registered
796 Posts
A DS HSE luxury should definitely have a luggage cover

·
Registered
53 Posts
We have a UK model with 7 seats and loadspace cover. the quality of the cover and it's method of securing/folding/removing leaves much to be desired..... but at least I have one!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
petefree said:
We have a UK model with 7 seats and loadspace cover. the quality of the cover and it's method of securing/folding/removing leaves much to be desired..... but at least I have one!
Disagree. It's way better than the one in my D2 which was better than the one in my D1. This one can be removed with one hand, re-inserting it isn't a faff, and it rolls out neatly - so long as youv'e hooked the row-3 seatbelts out of the way on their little hooks. Now THOSE could do with some work, but they do hold for a while so you only have to re-hook every couple of weeks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have one, it's rubbish, does nothing but creak and rattle. Mines lying in the shed.

The one in my D4 felt better quality.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had mine replaced because it rattled ... The new one seems much better ...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Mihal,

I have 7 seats and the load cover came as standard however, in the US they don't get the load cover as standard so, it could be market dependant.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am in Spain and my salesman assures me that I will get a luggage cover.
The dealership has (an older) DS SE with 7 seats and that has a cover fitted.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My dealer made a good point when I picked up the car that if there was a chance i was going to be carrying 6/7, i should leave the cover at home as the only real place to stow it is at the feet of the second row passenger. It will stay in the house on Sunday as full 7 up test on the cards

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a side comment on the lack of a place to store the cover when in 7 seats mode, I have recently test driven the Audi Q7 and it's the same story... Curiously KIA is one of the few brands that offers a neat solution

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.